Waht do you think about...

....about Mallysphere?

MAROMANU80

I think it's mostly nothing. I think the few images I bothered to see don't support the hyperbole. I think that ending at a plain vanilla .jpg (in a NEW TAB for Bob's sake) after all that hype and design is lame. I think that if "2006 ilyalart - part of Mallysphere" it should, you know, be part of it and not launch in a new tab under a new domain. I think illy made a typo when buying the domain ilyalart.com. I think illy might have to look out for a cease and desist letter from the coffee people. I think extra space or indenting is a good thing for new paragraphs. I think "till" is used incorrectly. I think some of the pictures are pretty. I think the pictures ultimately convey the main rhetorical thrust of the artist profile - "I like colors." This is in keeping with the stated target audience. I think the talk about "east and west" and the photographs (which feel like stock photos ripped from the web) that support it have nothing to do with the art. I think the "sphere" in the title does not manifest in the site or the art; look at that front page "SPHERE" and... a square; hunh? I think the 52 page suffers from what Robin Williams "told me" is the first refuge of the inexperienced designer - centering. I think there are some other spelling/language problems that point to not-a-native-English-speaker; no worries, but do get an editor. I think other of the colors are starting to blend to mud. I think the fingerpainting is detrimental to your credibility. I think including a headshot makes it look like a (American) real estate brochure (why do they do that? "Look, I have big hair, you should buy a house from me!"?) I think

over four times as large as it needs to be in terms of data and probably four times as small as it should be in terms of area. Enh, not everybody has 1200 yet, still, you could boost it to 800 or 1000 and still come out smaller file size than it is now. I think it's weird that "photographic gallery" is a keyword. I think the HTML source is very tidy, clearly not written by an MS product; there should be a tag for that somewhere... nope, can't find one, hm. I think a contacts page with only an email link should be replaced with just an email link unless more contact info is very soon coming. I think title pages with no content were recognized as bad a long time ago. I think the distorted images on the second page look bad. I think you are a sincere beginner and should keep at it. Concentrate on providing payback - why do I want to go here? What do you have to offer? The pretty artsy talk is not interesting; you have to have a gallery statement for the gallery people; on the web you have to have content; the web cares much less about why you think you are special and much more about what it can take from you that is special. "blah blah colors are pretty blah blah..." yeah, anybody who likes colors already knows that. Your very own pretty pictures, THEY are what sets you apart from everybody else. I, of course, adore the dark gray.

- gruhn

Reply to
gruhn