OT: Another BLACK eye for McCain

No kidding, good whiskey/bourbon should only be drank straight. Put the sweet sody water in the cheap crap.

Reply to
Leon

Wonder how they manaage to sell ethanol for about 1/2 the price of gasoline.

Same problem with both gasoline as well as diesel, especially if you are in cold weather climates.

Basic rule in cold climates: "Fill up when the tank gets to half full"

Keeps the condensate formation at a minimum.

Is that the algae found in the bottom of diesel tanks?

The ethanol producers are already gearing up for non cellulose ethanol.

Corn has always been a short term solution.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Which is why I suggested rum. One MUST drown rum.... but nevvverrr Crown. Shit, there are parts around Canada where one could get shot for mixing Crown...if there were guns...I guess...

Reply to
Robatoy

Yeah, I thought it was funny. Didn't you?

Then you completely missed the point.

Whether you agree with the contents of the Bible or not, it is a historical fact that the portion of it which (according to the OP) refers to Muslims was written some five centuries before any Muslims existed -- thus casting some doubt, I should think, on the OP's claim.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Two words: Federal subsidies.

Ummm.... no. Humidity can *condense* inside a gasoline tank, but water actually *dissolves* in ethanol.

Reply to
Doug Miller

The alcohol in gasohol attracts moisture and is absorbed in to the gasoline. That is tough on injectors and tends to introduce a way for rust to form in the gas lines, pump, etc.

That is not going to matter if you only need to buy gas every 2 weeks.

LOL, it might be, but I think it is in a different form once used purposely with gasoline.

Yeah, I'm not sure a solution at all, but certainly and hopefully short term although alcohol in gasoline has been around for 30 plus years that I know of. I think not so common once computers and fuel injection was introduced to the common vehicle. You being familiar with diesel and its unique problems are probably aware of the havoc the slightest amount of water causes to injection pumps.

Reply to
Leon

Now, now, Doug. You know that facts never stand in the way of a good rant :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard