Improved sut pick-up for DeWalt 621

Let me see if someone can guess what the problem was.

Max

I'll take a guess that your hole in the clear plastic was not big enough to allow enough air flow for the vacuum to move the debris out efficiently.

Reply to
Leon

It was an air problem alright. But it was too much air. In attempting to find a easy way to cut dadoes I made a guide. I can just draw a line on my work piece where I want the dado and clamp my guide right next to the line. However, that puts the base of the router 1/2" above the work piece leaving a gap underneath the router. The result is not enough suction. By (double stick) taping a 1/2" piece of wood under the router (refer to photo) I closed off some of the gap. Presto, adequate suction.

Max

Reply to
Max

Well there you go. But do take care also because too much restriction can have the same effect.

Reply to
Leon

"Leon" wrote

Roger that. I'll be "tweaking" it.