Office Desk

Phase 1 of the office desk project is complete,right after I pull the green frog tape. Now to populate ir.

White oak for the frame work, cherry for the plywood panels on the sides, and drawer front panels. The top ended up being the Fire or Flame Soapstone which I think looks like a concrete floor with a brown stain and sealed.

Leon

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.giganews.com:

from this angle.

Reply to
Han

Same wood, butt joint 1.5" x .75". Single layer of plywood so it fis like a shoe box top.

Reply to
Leon

----------------------------------------------------- Enjoy.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Reply to
woodchucker

landing strip for those two airplanes you made that stand for, with drawers. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Pretty much 3 weeks to the day. Thank you

Reply to
Leon

LOL. I have to reach quite a way to get into a drawer or to turn the computer off.

Reply to
Leon

The green ones? That is the frog tape (before removal).

Reply to
dadiOH

Yeah!

Reply to
Leon

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 08:43:05 -0600, Leon

I think it looks better with the green border. I vote for leaving the frog tape on. :)

Reply to
Dave

I was thinking that too. LOL I did have a few pieces of cobalt blue laminate left over from the airplane cabinet job.....

Too late now. :~)

Reply to
Leon

On Sat, 02 Feb 2013 09:07:28 -0600, Leon

The desk does look nice though. Guess when I win the lottery, I'm going to have to hire you and Karl to build the interior of my house for me.

Reply to
Dave

You are hereby contractually obligated to spend not less than $50 week on lottery tickets until you do.

Just let us know when that happens, and when you want us to start.

;)

Reply to
Swingman

I suppose you want to win the big one vs. the scratch ofsf. :~)

Reply to
Leon

one right after another. I don't see how you keep it up. That didn't come out right. You're the greatest.

Reply to
G.W.Ross

stuff up so you can get things from the far corner. 8-) I think you went with the right color.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

Thank you Mike. I figure the dust will collect high enough to keep what ever falls down there elevated high enough to reach.

I like the color however the cherry should darken significantly over the years. The cherry on the bedroom tower project that I was working on about three years ago has darkened nicely.

Reply to
Leon

Thank you. I'm tired and certainly not the greatest.

Reply to
Leon

I've always wondered, how do wood prices compare down there in Texas to other parts of the US? Even if they're low, you still must have a hell of a monthly bill for all the wood you use.

Up here in Toronto and outlaying vicinities, wood prices are atrocious, especially hardwood. It's pretty aggravating considering the humongous amount of forestry we have.

Reply to
Dave