Office desk upper unit coming along

I hung the doors this morning, They need to be removed and trimmed a bit as I purposely made them to fit with no play room. I need to add trim on the top and on the end legs.

The center cubby needs trim to cover the plywood edges and I need to add

9 in/out drawers to fill the slots.

Leon

Looking good, as usual ... I really like the carried curve on the top rails. Beautiful!

(you didn't have to clean up all the sawdust just for me, I'm heading straight to Kim's kitchen) ;)

Reply to
Swingman

You can tush it tonight!

So what is going on in Arkansas?

Reply to
Leon

Yep, me too. Great scale and proportion. It grabs the eye, like great art should.

Reply to
-MIKE-

It's really beautiful. Did you create it for someone else?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Beautiful. No one will ask if it was custom made--the doors are not interchangeable. Love the little junk drawers. You can never have too many little drawers. Makes it fun looking for that one special pen.

Reply to
G. Ross

Well thank you Mike. It took a really large bow compass to lay out that arc. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

No this one is a keeper. :~)

Thank you!

Reply to
Leon

Thank you! Yes those doors are quite unique. I really had to pay attention to where I drilled the 35mm hinge holes on the back sides. Way back when, 20+ years ago, I actually drilled that hole on the frond of a door. DAMHIDT

Reply to
Leon

Looks really good. I have to agree with Swingman that the curved edge adds a lot to the look.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

We all gotta do that at least once, some of us more than that ... :)

Reply to
Swingman

Thank you Mike. The 5 pieces of wood that make up that curve are all from the same board, the grain matches all the way across. I had to pay attention and not screw up. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

door. DAMHIDT

I did that on my bathroom cabinet! Thank God it was mdf and to be painted. I cut and glued plugs, puttied, and sanded and you couldn't find them if your life was on the line.

Reply to
-MIKE-

I left the hole on mine, it was a lower kitchen cabinet door and at the end of the kitchen.

Reply to
Leon

Now I really like that Leon. Nice. I like the doors the way the arching works together. And I really like the paper storage too.

Reply to
woodchucker

Now I really like that Leon. Nice. I like the doors the way the arching works together. And I really like the paper storage too.

Reply to
woodchucker

Thank you Jeff.

Reply to
Leon

Very nice. Looking at it, I'd be tempted to put a mini-fringe with integrated beer keg in one of those upper cupboards and run a gravity fed line down to the desktop. :)

Reply to
Dave

Reply to
Leon

Thank you Dave and Wow is the mini fridge the first thing thar came to mind? LOL

Reply to
Leon