New woodworking newsgroup for all ages fam.woodworking

Fine. Then go there, and stay there.

Reply to
Prometheus

They could make a million of them, and it would be fine- except for the fact that there is an announcement every couple of months or so from this twit and her buddy Vito reminding us all that the Wreck is a filthy cesspool of naughty words and terrible vices. My experience has been otherwise- very few groups related to any subjects I have any interest in are nearly as clean or high-minded as this one, so I don't take kindly to her raving. YMMV.

Reply to
Prometheus

My dearest, darlingest Suzie-Q;

I am distraught (distraught!) that my current news provider does not yet carry the fam.* hierarchy. Can you please provide a list of the providers who are carrying fam.*? Is there a web to news gateway for fam.* yet? Is Google on board?

Please, please let me know how to access this bountiful feast of knowledge! I grow faint, my head spins, and my hands tremble at the thought of being denied this fabulous resource.

Reply to
Joe Wells

On Fri 22 Jul 2005 10:31:01a, Susan Welchel wrote in news:1122042065.0c346415003fdb45db447cc819ae83e6 @bubbanews:

Guess I'll have to have a chat with my news server. Can't seem to find anything at all with the fam. prefix, even after loading new groups and getting a brand new complete listing.

Drat. And me here with a family and everything. 'Course, the kid's all grown up and moved away and all we got now is a couple cats and a dog, but still. Now I can't do any family woodworking.

Reply to
Dan

If this is the same group that tried it about a year ago they are not friendly - they can be vicious. Several of occasional Wreck'ers fell victim to having counterfeited flaming, vulgar and insulting posts and emails sent to other members in their names. My wife and grandkids got to read some of this crap. That campaign probably caused some of the more casual Wreck posters to drop out.

Reply to
RonB

For you brand of "Family" oriented censorship,

no thanks.

Every User has a delete key and the power to decide what they will or won't read.

Reply to
Bob Officer

That's right...

Lord, save me from people that work in what they think is your name.

Have Delete key, Will travel

Reply to
Bob Officer

that's alt.usenet.kooks

Reply to
Bob Officer
    • C
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Have any of the major service providers created fam.usenet.kooks, yet?

Reply to
Chadwick Stone©

Good Day to you Chad...

Google has the group set up and I think Octonews? 'Ratz said Supernews had it set up.

I wrote a series of questions... and I am waiting for Frito to answer them.

Just to start things off right and keep this on topic...

Do you ever work your wood in the morning?

Reply to
Bob Officer

Susie and Vito are the nannies.

/shudder

Reply to
smallfoot

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:28:14 -0700, Bob Officer got double secret probation because:

Why do the lyrics to the Ramones - We're a Happy Family come to mind:

"We're A Happy Family"

We're a happy family We're a happy family We're a happy family Me mom and daddy

Sitting here in Queens Eating refried beans We're in all the magazines Gulpin' down thorazine

We ain't got no friends Our troubles never end No Christmas cards to send Daddy likes men

Daddy's telling lies Baby's eating flies Mommy's on pills Baby's got the chills

I'm friends with the President I'm friends with the Pope We're all making a fortune Selling Daddy's dope

Reply to
Aratzio

Will they permit discussion of projects other than liturgical furnishing, crosses, altars and the like?

Never had a dog in the Vito Kuhn/UsenetKook fight but reading the posts dumped on us here at the wreck I think I'd rather check the sharpness of my saw blades with my tongue than sign on with either side of that group.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

On Sun, 24 Jul 2005 02:36:45 GMT, "Chadwick Stone©" got double secret probation because:

That would be fam.*

Reply to
Aratzio
    • C
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

Only when the wife won't work it for me ;)

Reply to
Chadwick Stone©

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:55:20 -0700, Bob Officer got double secret probation because:

Sometimes, although I allow my GF all the opportunity I can provide to work my wood. Even in the shop she can work my wood.

Reply to
Aratzio

My sweet, lovable Suzie-Q;

Can you please reconsile the following statements from the fam.woodworking charter (currently posted at

"The purpose of the unmoderated newsgroup fam.woodworking"...

and

"Administrators of the fam.* hierarchy reserve the right to cancel any post to any group in the fam.* hierarchy if they feel that the post does not adhere to these guidelines."

Please, please don't tell me that you've setup a stealth moderated group! Because you wouldn't lie to us, right? I'm certain that you'll give us a complete and satisfactory explanation about fam.woodworking's moderation status. Because, as a Christian, I know that you wouldn't want to mislead anyone.

Reply to
Joe Wells

On Sunday 24 July 2005, Chadwick Stone© wrote in fam.woodworking:

Duplicates fam.admin.announce.

PJR :-)

Reply to
PJR

On Sunday 24 July 2005, Bob Officer wrote in fam.woodworking:

It's good to see so many fine on-topic discussions in this excellent new group. However, the answer to your question might depend on the hardness of the wood.

HTH.

PJR :-)

Reply to
PJR

"Chadwick Stone©" wrote in news:O2EEe.602359 $ snipped-for-privacy@fe02.news.easynews.com:

I wish someone wood let me know if I wood be allowed to poast in the wood group. I wood rilly, rilly, rilly appreciate it, yes I wood.

Is it OK to discuss Woody Woodpecker and the need for a sealer coat to avoid splinters during mating season?

I wood also like to know if Frito's head is on topic in the wood group.

If you wood let me know, pleace?

Reply to
Cujo DeSockpuppet