Gorilla glue - is it still made?

Hi guys. I haven't seen Gorilla glue around lately. Are they still making the stuff? Can't seen to find it.

Marco

Reply to
Marco B

Yes, it was this easy...

Gorilla Glue - Glue Finder

FriscoSoxFan

You betcha.

If you can't find it locally, there's always mail order. Amazon.com sells 8oz tubs for $12.99, with free shipping if you spend over $25 on your total order.

This other place sells 8oz for $9.99, the cheapest I've seen, but that does not include shipping:

Vito Kuhn

When you do find it and get some on your hands, you can clean it off with acetone.

Reply to
LRod

Chuckle. :)

Reply to
stoutman

I can buy it at Lowes. That means Home Depot probably also sells it.

I hear some folks say to remove it from your hand with acetone. Not suree what they're doing with it. I never get it on my hands.

Reply to
Never Enough Money

I just find it interesting that after shouting "ENTHEOLOGY" so often you instead of linking the Canadian Government site that has links to much additional information choose to post the entheology link that does not.

As for being "weaker" source, I would say that a page posted on an "entheology" site is, in the absence of other information, less credible than one posted on the site of a Canadian government agency charged with Occupational Safety and Health, even if the content is identical.

?
Reply to
J. Clarke

To Vito: read the freaking MSDS and get back to us. Worst contact hazard listed is "dries out the skin". I provided the link, or google for acetone MSDS yourself.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Your perception is flawed.

After the blatantly fraudulent votes were obvious, you mean?

I don't remember anyone encouraging you to stick around.

Read the MSDS. Read OSHA. Get facts instead of repeating bullshit.

Some of us prefer facts to "maybe it might" handwringing.

So you'll worry about things that aren't true, instead of learning what really is a hazard. That's fine, but don't then spread your assumptions as truth when they aren't.

It wasn't the same without you here, Vito, really. It was better.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Here's one:

I see that it didn't take long for me to be attacked after doing just that. I thought I'd let things cool off for a few months before posting here again, but that doesn't seem to have done any good.

VK

Reply to
Vito Kuhn

And your point?

Right, because you're stirring up the same shit you were stirring before. There's a pattern here, Vito. You pick the most emotionally charged topic on the board, and stir the pot. Were you planning on talking about _woodworking_ instead of repeating urban legends about liver hazards that don't exist?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

You didn't read the NAN announcement about that, did you? The Stromboli votes came from a single university graduate student as part of a research project. They were not real people.

That was very cold, Mr. Clarke. Be careful what you wish for.

Yes, we will all die. Does that mean that we shouldn't do everything we can to take care of ourselves while we're alive?

You are not as bothered about my position on acetone as you are by me personally. This is a personal attack. I'll quote one of the well known regulars on this forum:

From: "Lew Hodgett" Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Subject: Re: Gorilla Glue...Yay or Nay? Message-ID:

From: "Lew Hodgett" Newsgroups: rec.woodworking Subject: Re: Gorilla Glue...Yay or Nay? Message-ID:

Nobody attcked Mr. Hodgett in this manner for expressing the exact same concerns as I have.

VK

Reply to
Vito Kuhn

But you didn't participate, you trolled.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

No, I haven't forgotten one whit of the entire sorry episode.

Nonsense. It was explained to you by many wreckers just exactly how it could potentially have affected it. You chose not to respond to any of it. You chose not to explain how you proposed to moderate things. You chose not to participate in the process at all except to start it and end it. Congratulations.

Please. If it had been for the sake of the group you would never have gone past the RFC stage when almost overwhelming sentiment was against the idea. Especially against it when you refused to offer any thoughts on how the moderation would work.

Well you offered one example of one of our true gentleman here extending his hand. It was far from a universal sentiment. I for one took your proposal as an attack on my place of refuge and am not a particularly forgiving person in such cases. So my disinclination to "encourage you to stick around" gives the lie to the "everyone" you allege.

Shoot, you weren't around much before the debacle and this is your first appearance since, so I don't see that you are much of a contributor in any event.

In another post you complained that Mr. Hodgett had made the same claim and didn't get hammered. Well, he is a wreck family regular and entitled to a little slack. He'll figure out he's wrong from the thread and won't repeat the transgression. You, on the other hand, are not a wreck family regular. In fact, you're two for two in stirring up shit.

Not when the dogs are spouting BS. I don't think this group is for you.

No, there are official reports and then there are unsubstantiated scare allegations. You chose to promulgate the false allegations. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.

I'm guessing you ground your PVC dust collection system. Same Chicken Little nonsense.

Reply to
LRod

Oh lord... we just went through this. Here - take a short cut and read this.

's always better to be informed.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

That says much about your attitude, which is not very Christian like. I will pray for you.

VK

Reply to
Vito Kuhn

Hey, Vito, that wasn't an invitation to stick around, so much as it was a suggestion that you and Susan were being pretty obnoxious in trying to force changes onto a community that you hadn't, to that point, made any real attempt to be a part of, let alone find out if those changes were even welcome.

Andy was just too polite to put it that way.

But you were too dense to notice.

You're not being "attacked" for "showing up in the group and talking about some woodworking". That should be obvious, even to the most casual observer, because you're *not* "talking about woodworking".

You're being attacked for repeating hysterical nonsense that contradicts established scientific fact.

Doug Miller

You're not really serious with these links, are you?

Reply to
Mike Marlow

You're kidding, right?

Get some perspective, Vito. Some things are worth worrying about, and some are not. Eventually, most people learn to tell the difference.

[snip] Proves only that he doesn't understand the issue any better than you do. So what? Nobody doubted that.

Lots of people told him he was dead wrong, and proved it. Now you come along, repeating the same nonsense that's already been *proven* to be nonsense.

Can you wonder that the one who posted nonsense *not* knowing it to be such was treated more leniently than the one who came after him and knowingly posted proven nonsense?

Doug Miller

I answered a question about where to buy Gorilla Glue. Then someone offered mischievous advice (which was confirmed by the "chuckle" remark by stoutman), and I corrected it.

If you didn't mean what you said at the time, encouraging me to post here, then you shouldn't have said it. Maybe you should have said that I could "conditionally" post here, but only as long as I don't express my differences of opinion. I was really under the impression that you were being sincere, at the time.

VK

Reply to
Vito Kuhn