New Wildflower Photo Website

Hello,

I thought this group might be interested in a new wildflower photo archive website I am building. My family has a collection of 35mm slides that my grandfather took over several decades that I am now (slowly) scanning and posting. Is anyone interested in helping classify these photos or moderate? Any suggestions for other features I could add? I am more then willing to highlight contributors on the site.

Current Features: + View high resolution photos of wildflowers + Discussion board tied to each photo + Wildflower news linked to discussions

Future Features (next week or two): + Photo classification/moderation system + Share this photo- email feature

The website:

Thanks, Dan

Reply to
Remento

"Remento" expounded:

Dan, first off while I know you're trying to protect your property, having the large remento.com on every picture is very distracting.

Also, I got an error when accessing your site, copied below:

The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error. Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes. Error Occurred While Processing Request Element RSSFETCHEDURL is undefined in APPLICATION. The error occurred in D:\Hosting\dfm4393\rssFormated.cfm: line 8

6 : 7 : 8 : 9 : 10 :

Resources:

  • Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax. * Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.6) Gecko/20060728 Firefox/1.5.0.6 Remote Address 66.31.112.27 Referrer Date/Time 13-Sep-06 02:16 AM Stack Trace at cfrssFormated2ecfm416908106.runPage(D:\Hosting\dfm4393\rssFormated.cfm:8) at cfindex2ecfm335213663.runPage(D:\Hosting\dfm4393\index.cfm:79)

coldfusion.runtime.UndefinedElementException: Element RSSFETCHEDURL is undefined in APPLICATION. at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.resolveCanonicalName(CfJspPage.java:1061) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._resolve(CfJspPage.java:1038) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._resolveAndAutoscalarize(CfJspPage.java:1137) at cfrssFormated2ecfm416908106.runPage(D:\Hosting\dfm4393\rssFormated.cfm:8) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:152) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:349) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTag(CfJspPage.java:1915) at cfindex2ecfm335213663.runPage(D:\Hosting\dfm4393\index.cfm:79) at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage.invoke(CfJspPage.java:152) at coldfusion.tagext.lang.IncludeTag.doStartTag(IncludeTag.java:349) at coldfusion.filter.CfincludeFilter.invoke(CfincludeFilter.java:65) at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:225) at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:86) at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:69) at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28) at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38) at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22) at coldfusion.filter.RequestThrottleFilter.invoke(RequestThrottleFilter.java:115) at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:107) at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:78) at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91) at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42) at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:257) at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:541) at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:204) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:318) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:426) at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:264) at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

Reply to
Ann

Thanks Ann, I fixed the issue with the news bombing out on the homepage. I am not sure what to do about the copyright notice. If people start linking directly to the images or copy them I would like them to know where it came from. I will take it off the thumbnails for sure and will take a look at the larger images when I get home tonight. Thanks for your feedback.

Reply to
Remento