Nebiw question on raised panel doors

x-no-archive:yes

My kitchen cabinet doors have a rounded over inside edge on the rails and stiles. How are those put on there? I mean, are they machine before assembly or after? And how woudl I duplicate it at home?

The reason I ask is sometime down the road I want to build a cabinet ove rmy toilet in the bathroom to match my sink cabinet.

Also, in a magazine I have they sell for the router a "rail and style" bit. It looks sort of like it puts a toungu and grove in wood. What are these used for?

Thanks!

Reply to
stryped

DAGS!

RayV

You really need to take a woodworking course. My guess is you make the rounded over inside edge with the router bits you ask about down below, but perhaps you could post a picture of what you are referring to, to be sure.

Reply to
Toller

Somehow he/she/it continually proves there is such a thing as a stupid question.

Not to mention that, IMO, flipping the "no archive" bit is anti-social in a group that's main thrust is as a repository of woodworking lore/knowledge.

And the F*&^#ing questions are so general as to be obtuse:

"I have a pile of wood, can I build a house out of it?"

That's why I have it filtered ... which more would do so until it learns to contribute, even if only passively by putting some thought into these questions.

Reply to
Swingman

Bad day?

Reply to
J.C.

I know the answer to all three questions but I'm not going to tell your x-no-archive:yes butt. _______________

Ojala' que tengas suerte. ________________

I know but I'm not going to tell your x-no-archive:yes butt.

Reply to
dadiOH

What is the purpose in that? Do you not realize that as soon as someone quotes your post in a response, it gets archived anyway? Turn the damn thing off.

Fortunately, most of the contributors to this group do *not* turn on the 'no-archive' attribute. That way, there are plenty of posts available for you to search.

Unfortunately, you haven't yet learned how to do that. Please learn soon.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I haven't done so -- yet -- but I'm considering adding that to the TrollFilter. Opinions, anyone?

Reply to
Doug Miller

I haven't read a post here in probably 6 months and I see the crap still lives!

It's a shame no one wants to give a civil answer.

Looks like this news group should be retired now that we have the almighty Google.

Reply to
Rumpty

Then you haven't seen strypie's posting history...

The problem here is one newbie who posts the same questions repeatedly, while never making the least effort at all to answer his own questions, either by experimentation or by Googling. He seems unaware of the existence of woodworking books, libraries, or bookstores. He's been politely asked repeatedly to turn off the 'no-archive' crap in his posts, and refuses. He's worn out his own welcome.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Ah, Ok, now I see!

Reply to
Rumpty

What makes you think he knows how?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Gordon

He is definitely a troll with a shtick. Though I do enjoy reading the replies.

Reply to
Locutus

I think this might be the straw....

Reply to
Locutus

A quote of Stryped's from a previous thread in this newsgroup:

Chris

Reply to
Chris Friesen

x-no-archive:yes

I have bought and read countless woodworking books. But there is no book that can teach as much as learning from others with personal experience. None of the book I have explain the inside bead on a raised panel door like I have on my cabinets. None of them explain the "rail and stile" bits either. That is why I asked. I received one helpful reply and that was the person who posted a link that explained the rail and style bits and how they form the decorative inside bead.

I have alot of questi> > >I haven't read a post here in probably 6 months and I see the crap still > >lives! >

Reply to
stryped

Locutus

Look man, I don't know about the other folks here, but I'm a complete newbie to a lot of this stuff. I'm in a very similar boat to yours. You ask pretty good questions; ones most newbies like me would ask. It seems to me that you're interested in this as a hobby, which is awesome. Then you add the whole no archive thing, which is odd. It's especially odd when you consider the other newsgroups you post in, and decide to not have your messages archived. It just seems to me that you're not willing to add anything to the group, but just take away what you need and give nothing back. There have been many very helpful, insightful posts made in response to your questions and every time you post a message with that no archive thing, it seems like you're just wanting people to help only you and anyone who comes after you with the same question is on their own. I personally stopped even considering responding to your questions with what little knowledge I possess because your habits here have irked me. And yes that is my problem, and I'm not expecting you to really care. I'm mainly responding with my opinion on this because you said that you didn't understand why people are getting grouchy with you, and I'm throwing in my interpretation of things. I have a feeling that if I had been one of the ones spending lots of time and effort helping you, I probably would be less than pleased.

-Nathan stryped wrote:

wrote:

Reply to
N Hurst

I didn't understand either but once I went to this link it wall clear to me:

RayV

Reply to
Locutus