Murphy's (Joe's) Laws

Came across this while searching the archives for dust + explosion. Doesn't look like it has been posted since '02.

My skill level puts me right around 44 through 47

RayV

  1. should be -> Once a project is fouled up, anything you do to it will only make it *better*.
  2. should be ammended with "And the second time."
  3. This one was funny.
  4. I was smiling about this one until I read 27...

The final 3 were good as well :) or maybe :(

Reply to
dnoyeB

expensive hardwoods."

Yes, but...I just used a good 15" planer to plane one 10' 5/4x6" walnut board and one 8' 10/4x8" cherry plank down, and the good tool adage applies here, especially with that honking chunk of cherry. It's log run--I bought it about 5-6 years ago at a sawmill where no one else wanted the load. It's log run, certainly not FAS, but the power of the

15" stationary planer compared to even the best portable planers has to be used to be appreciated.

This is a point where heavier duty good tools outdo lighter duty good tools (not always the case.

Charlie Self

Reply to
Charlie Self

Reply to
Joe Wells

Good to see you back ... beginning to wonder.

Reply to
Swingman

Murphys Laws...but they missed one that would still apply for woodworking and that is Murphy's Law of Selective Gravitation: "a dropped tool will always land where it can do the most damage."

Reply to
george

Reply to
Pete Stolz

"When taking a picture of the amazing twenty clamp glue-up, you won't notice that the main panel was glued with rabbet side wrong until you look through the viewfinder."

nor it's companion:

"The speed at which the glue sets increases with the number of clamps you need, and is always greater than the speed at which you can set the clamps."

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

Are you the Charles Self that wrote "Super Simple Birdhouses You Can Make"? If so, nice job! My then 10-year-old daughter and I made 8 of the "Easy Cleaning Wren Houses" for Christmas gifts last year. Tons of fun. Now, my

5-year-old son and I are going to make one of the nesting shelves for robins. We picked out the project last night, and he can't wait to get started. Thanks for great projects I can do with my kids! Pete
Reply to
Pete Stolz