Are Neff hobs noticably better than Baumatic?

I would like to change my gas hob, for something a little bigger, with a Wok burner.

After searching around, the Neff looks ideal (T2766).. But I also found a Baumatic one (B68SS) which look equally as good, for about 1/2 the price.

This weekend, I managed to see both models in the flesh (Neff in Magnet, Baumatic in Currys) and to be honest, there doesn't seem to be much difference.. Certainly nothing to justify the extra =A3150!

Is there any reason to go with Neff (other than the brand)?

Jon

Reply to
jon.p.weaver

Neff tends to be pretty well made and reliable. Baumatic bottom of the range stuff.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

After searching around, the Neff looks ideal (T2766).. But I also found a Baumatic one (B68SS) which look equally as good, for about 1/2 the price.

This weekend, I managed to see both models in the flesh (Neff in Magnet, Baumatic in Currys) and to be honest, there doesn't seem to be much difference.. Certainly nothing to justify the extra £150!

Is there any reason to go with Neff (other than the brand)?

Jon

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

After searching around, the Neff looks ideal (T2766).. But I also found a Baumatic one (B68SS) which look equally as good, for about 1/2 the price.

This weekend, I managed to see both models in the flesh (Neff in Magnet, Baumatic in Currys) and to be honest, there doesn't seem to be much difference.. Certainly nothing to justify the extra £150!

I went through the same iterations two years ago; - bought the Baumatic! It's performed very well; it's easy to clean (since I introduced a water-softener it now only requires a wipe-over with a microfibre cloth).

AIUI, it comes with three variants of pot supports- we went for the big black cast iron style- AIUI the spindly 'designer' statinless stell type discolours (permanentely). when heated

The central 'wok' burner is good for doing omelletes, the centre heats nicely; while th little burner is good for simmering things.

Is there any reason to go with Neff (other than the brand)?

I only have expereince of the Baumatic model.

Jon

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

Bollocks to both of those statements.

Also to be controversial, I bought a Candy hob at a rock bottom price from Currys. It's a well regarded make in Italy, very poor reputation here. IMO the Italian regard for the brand is correct, it's an extremely well built unit and came complete with all jets etc to convert between LPG/Methane.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I've got a Neff hob, built in double oven and microwave. They are *far* better built than the equivalent Baumatic I looked at - as indeed they should be at the price. Mine were all ex display - I doubt I'd have bought them at the full price.

I'm not an expert on kitchen equipment - I just looked at fit and finish. Which was in a different league from Baumatic. The reason I chose Neff was on the basis of a previous microwave - an early one which is still working perfectly although not in my kitchen anymore.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Neff is crap. I have NEFF and it is garbage indeed. Please eff off.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

More fantasy from dribble. Who couldn't afford secondhand Baumatic for his council hovel.

The clinic wouldn't take you back in after you lapsed, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have a NEFF extractor hood and the motor now sounds like a diesel engine.

Please eff off, you are a troll.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Probably due to trying to filter the s**te that comes out of your mouth.

Please don't use words you don't understand.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off, you are a troll.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Could you please post the sounds of your Neff hood here as it will be much better than the noises you make.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)