Miter Saw: Stop/Measurment Guide.

Greetings All, I just installed a bench in my shop and I want to put my miter saw in the middle. I actually have recessed the bench just enough such that the miter saw deck is even with the bench. This allows me to work with long boards. However, I now the issue of what to do if I want to cut mutiple lengths of stock to the same size. I would like to have some type of guid/stop in place such that I simply set it to the desired lengh and then simply drop the stock in place and cut away. I was hoping that someonw out there has come up with a clever solution to this problem. If my description is not clear please email me and I will forward you a picture of the current setup.

Thanks, TFD.

Reply to
LineVoltageHalogen

A buddy of mine found a nifty little Biesemier (sp) stop that mounts on a 2x2 (approx) he's attached to the length of the table. Then he did a shallow pass with a 1/2 inch dovetail bit on the 2x2 for a tape measure to slide into it. I'm lookin' at the same system, myself. I think he found it at Superior in Phoenix. Tom

Reply to
tom

Hey bright guy!

I have a similar set-up in my shop. I actually built a rig much like a table saw fence. It slides on a rail that's built onto the front of my counter. A clamp built into the fence grips the rail exactly like a table saw. I have considered a back rail to bolster the performance, but have had very good results without it.

Tom in KY, I like halogen, and mercury vapor lighting too!

Reply to
squarei4dtoolguy

Rout a channel in your benchtop, install a length of T-Track and buy a few T-track clamp devices and attach a stop to the clamps. This way you can move your clamp any distance along the track and clamp it down. The T-track will fit flush with your table top (assuming you rout the channel to the correct depth so it shouldn't affect your bench work much.

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

6 Reviews:

- Ryobi One+ Cordless Tool System

- Festool CT Mini Dust Extractor

- Kreg K3 Pocket Hole Joinery System

- Incra Miter Express

- Book: Scroll Saw Fundamentals

- Ryobi BT3100K Table Saw System

www

Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions!

LineVoltageHalogen

I purchased and installed the T-Track without incident. Thanks to everyone again for helping me out. TFD

Reply to
LineVoltageHalogen