Mini Small Gloat

This week I was asked if I would like to buy 520 bd ft of 4/4 rough cut red oak. Before I could ask any questions, I was saying yes, I'll buy it, then I asked "How much" I was told "$100" Now the process of planing, jointing and sanding is up next.

-- Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

  • * * Build a DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03

  • * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
  • * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
  • * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
  • * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
  • * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03
Reply to
Joe "Woody" Woodpecker

Joe "Woody" Woodpecker did say:

You Suck. And I didn't even have to ask first.

Reply to
WoodMangler

Man, do you SUCK!

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I agree, that's no mini gloat. I paid $1.00 a board foot and was happy with that.

Reply to
JMWEBER987

May have you beat. 4' x4' x10' bundle of poplar $72 to my door. Same price for red oak, hickory, maple. Did have to throw away about 10% that were substandard out of the lot but that left me with the rest . Best of all it is a repeatable buy. "

Reply to
Sweet Sawdust

Okay, I'm still waiting for someone to ask where. I'm not going to do it though. Mike in Arkansas

Reply to
JMWEBER987

Reply to
Sweet Sawdust

Just for you Mike...

Hey, Sweet Sawdust, where do buy 4'x4'x10' bundles of red oak, hickory and maple for $72, delivered?

Reply to
John Keeney

OK, where?

Mutt

Reply to
Mutt

">

I didn't say delivered, I said to my door. Rapogle lumber in Paris Tn. has

4x4x8 ft bundles of lumber for $50, plus $22 gas, one bundle will fill a 16 ft trailer. Some is green and a lot is 6 months or older. Northern lumber in Louisville Ky. has a similar deal in that if you buy a bundle of lumber from them you can haul off all you can carry of kiln dried lumber from thier burn pile. Granted a lot of it is garbage buy a awful lot is better than what you get a lowes and other lumber yards. Check with you local real lumber yard for off cuts, I get a truck load of oak every few weeks from the local mills a lot of it kild dried, for free.
Reply to
Sweet Sawdust

Interesting. Seeing as how I live on the Indiana side of the river from Louisville, I may have to give them a call to see what they say.

Reply to
John Keeney