Dust Extractor- delay switch

Saw a project a few years ago in an American WW mag about making a dust extraction system using a proprietary switch unit which switched on the extractor when the dust making tool was turned on- like the better portable extractor units. Where can I get one of these switch units- the article had a supplier and ref no but of course cannot find the article or any trace of a supplier on the www. Any ideas? (am in the UK but expect can get if it is a US unit)

Reply to
Francis Lock

Sears has them for $19.95. I saw them in the store, but I'll bet you can find them online. I have one, works great. A

Reply to
Avraham

They're expensive, they're a pain to wire up and US units won't work in the UK. Many of them will also break if you run a cabinet saw's motor through them - check the rating and that it's designed for woodworking use, not just computers.

A simple and cheap fix is to use a remote controlled (radio) socket. I've had these for as little as =A315 for three sockets. Remote control isn't quite so convenient as automatic control, but it's a lot better than manual control at the DC.

Reply to
dingbat

I use a Sears remote awitch with a relay box as described below.

-- Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

  • * * Build a DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03

  • * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
  • * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
  • * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
  • * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
  • * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03
Reply to
Joe "Woody" Woodpecker