Legacy - Is It The Best Lathe?

As I went to the WW show here this weekend, there was a display of a Legacy Woodworking Machine. Does anybody have one? What model did you buy and what projects do you use it for?

-- Woody

Check out my Web Page at:

you will find:

******** How My Shop Works ******** 5-21-03

  • * * Build a DC Separator Can Lid. 1-14-03

  • * * DC Relay Box Building Plans. 1-14-03
  • * * The Bad Air Your Breath Everyday.1-14-03
  • * * What is a Real Woodworker? 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Definitions. 2-8-03
  • * * Murphy's Woodworking Laws. 4-6-03
  • * * What is the true meaning of life? 1-14-03
  • * * Woodworker Shop Signs. 2-8-03
Reply to
Joe "Woody" Woodpecker

Hi Joe, First things first Legacy is not a lathe,

It is something like a lathe, with a router attached and an indexing system. It can make numerous items

If your woodworking is limited to boxes, then you do not need it unless yoiu want to dadoes with it. If you want to make some nice ornate furniture, then go for it.

I bought the biggest Model they have, WHY ?, I don't know. I also Bought every attatchment they have, WHY ? Someone knows I don't I may need them one day

Call them for either there free CD or one of their Videos They usually sell the vids but may give you one, the CD to veiw on your computer is free. A word of caution veiwing will cause you to drool to have a paper towel or two handy so you do not look like a fool

If you are in the Mesa, AZ area come on by I'll be gladd to show it to you.

Reply to
George M. Kazaka