Marples *Yellow Split Proof Handle* Chisels

Anyone know of a good online retailer carrying the Marples Yellow Split Proof Chisels ?

Reply to
John Soto

help...

Reply to
Kenneth

Why do you say that? According to Marples, they use t he same steel on both the blue wood and yellow plastic handles, and the latter are non-breakable.

Reply to
Cape Cod Bob

Cape Cod Bob wrote: z

Blue chips don't have wood handles. It's some kind of slightly rubbery plastic stuff that's supposed to be virtually indestructible.

I've beaten the hell out of mine. I think they say they will withstand "a few blows with a hammer or unlimited blows with a mallet."

Reply to
Silvan

I chiseled out some 2.5" deep 3" square mortises in red oak. I bored out most of it, but there was a lot to clean up, and I had to use a mallet. (Not a hammer.)

I usually just use hand pressure though, and they're plenty sharp.

Reply to
Silvan