Looking for plans for Crown DC300a cabinet

By any chance, do any of you have the plans for the wooden cabinets that were sold by Crown Audio for either their DC300a amplifier or their IC

150a pre-amplifier ??

I just bought them without the cabinets and I'd love to be able to make a set for them.

Thanks in advance, Matt

Reply to
Matt Zach

Matt Zach wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

Are you trying to match what used to be available, or couldn't you scribble up a pair of them from scratch?

As I recall (it's been 25 years or more), these weren't particularly intricate designs. There was a grate or screening to allow for the considerable thermal venting required....

The 'cool setup' then was a 19" rack, enclosed in a fancy cabinet, with whisper fans. Or a roadie's rack in an Anvil case...

Patriarch I religiously wear hearing protection NOW. In the '70's, in the audio business, not so much so.

Reply to
patriarch

I was hoping to recreate from original design. You are right about their simplicity, but it's been awhile since I saw the enclosures, and I can't remember how they positioned the rack mount metal in them. I believe it was a 19" rack with 1" spacing of the holes.

Does anyone have one of these old cabinets that they would take a few pictures and measurements of?

Matt

patriarch wrote:

Reply to
Matt Zach