ISO Kitchen cabinet designs, plans

We're putting in a new kitchen and after getting quotes north of $6K for the cabinets, I've convinced the boss that I can make 'em just as good for a third of the cost. So ... now that I've shot off my mouth, I'm looking for a decent set of plans for base and wall cabinets, with exploded view if possible. Any ideas?

Reply to
LRT

You can get design ideas aplenty by visiting any BORG or home center's kitchen show rooms ... they'll even draw up some basic plans for you free ... as long as you don't tell them your building you own. Don't scoff at this because their software and printed out plans can be very helpful getting your own plans set firmly.

Then build the boxes according to established cabinet building methods from guys like John Paquay:

's little book is geared to the construction of the basic wall and base cabinet. You can change the dimensions to suit your design, space and needs, but the basic building block is the base and wall cabinet, and John's method is first rate

Once you get the boxes built to fit your space and installed, the doors, drawers and drawer fronts, trim, and add-ins will lend themselves to lots more ideas.

I've been through it all ... holler if you have any more questions.

Reply to
Swingman