Shed plans or instructions

I am thinking about building a shed/workshop, approx 8'x10' with an apex roof with a two door entrance. I am wondering if anyone can send me some plans or a URL to a good website for guidance? Many Thanks

Reply to
Chris Glass

Nothing very difficult about building a shed. Your best bet is to look around at the ready built ones and base your own design upon those.

I built a 14' x 14' summerhouse earier this year, working to nothing more than a vague plan in my head.... A first attempt at anything like this. I made a few mistakes, but was able to correct them on the fly and it turned out very well.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

How good a one do you want?

Is this something to be pretty solid, insulated inside and kitted out with power, decent internal walls etc?.. or are you looking for something on a simple lightweight frame with featherboarding, of the DIY store ilk?

What about the base? Concrete? slabs? lay yourself if so? treated bearers on earth?

What sort of roof? felt? tile? shingles?

How accomplished are you at woodworking?

How much time do you want to spend on it?

What sort of budget do you have in mind?

The reason for all the questions is that I did the whole research exercise in the summer, looked at loads of different options and found plans, books, ideas. I've got loads of information in terms of plans, some books, web site links, you name it.

I ended up building something based around a cabin idea because it was the most effective and cost effective way of achieving all that I wanted. Inevitably it took longer than I anticipated, but the result is very pleasing both visually and functionally.

If you can provide an idea of roughly what you are looking for, I can post some information and email you some more.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Take up the real challenge. Build it from reclaimed pallets.

Reply to
Jim

How to do it depends hugely on what you're going to make it out of. What timber can you get hold of ? What size is it ? Is the joinery going to be 2x4's and big nails (gives a flexible shed that needs a lot of bracing from its walls) or can you find a sawmill that can sell you larch or eastern red cedar cheaply enough to use some real framing?

What's the inner cladding (if any) going to be ? Any insulation ? Is there a wall that's strong enough to be a stressed skin, or is it entirely a "cage with cladding" ?

-- Klein bottle for rent. Apply within.

Reply to
Andy Dingley