link belts

I have the Delta 12" variable speed drill press and was wondering if the link belt is usable on these types of drill presses. Thanks.

Reply to
Paul

I asked this question recently and found the answer while working with Grizzly customer support on my drill press vibration.

The standard link belts that you see at Rockler, Woodcraft, Tool crib, etc... are all 1/2", which works great for table saws, bandsaws, and other larger equipment. But for my poor little 8" drill press, I needed a smaller link belt. Apparently, Grizzly is the only place I've seen that sells a 3/8" link belt that will fit my small drill press.

sure if this will fit your 12" delta, but it's worth checking out at least.

-Winthrop

Reply to
W Chan
3/8" PowerTwist link-belts can be purchased at McMaster-Carr:
for "Twist Lock" or "Adjustable-Length Belting" Part Number 6173K36 for 3/8".

Leslie

Reply to
Leslie Gossett

Just ordered 3/8" link belts from Leichtung Workshops last nite. Also they are available by the foot. ($6.99) Mike

Reply to
Mike Myers