Legacy of tools - who gets them?

Fri, Jan 12, 2007, 8:59am snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com (Upscale) doth adviseth: Your tools and workshop are gone. Better make sure you've got something else for somebody to inherit otherwise your ashes might find their way into the nearest latrine.

No prob, already got it covered.

JOAT I do not have the huge amout of faith needed to be an Atheist.

Reply to
J T

I want to thank everyone for their comments about this "problem".

Most suggestions where helpful and thoughtful. Not sure exactly what I would do, but it is clear that a bequest to a school and/or woodworking club for an auction (a idea that I just came up with!) to fund a community project might be the way to go here.

Again, thank you all for thinking about this and responding!

MJ Wallace

Reply to
mjmwallace

The blast furnace *is* a little problematic anyhow- after you've melted everything else down, there's still one left. Though maybe you should consider a huge trebuchet for your final project- even if you still bury the shop, you could have it shot into the hole.

On a slightly more serious note, the mortar isn't an unheard of idea. I have a friend who has my word that I will mix his ashes with shot and load him into 12ga. shells to take him hunting one last time when he's done for. I don't have any problem with it, and that's what he wants- so unless his family prevents it, that's what is going to happen.

Reply to
Prometheus

Sat, Jan 13, 2007, 2:01am (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAMcharter.net (Prometheus) doeth sayeth: The blast furnace *is* a little problematic anyhow- after you've melted everything else down, there's still one left. Though maybe you should consider a huge trebuchet for your final project- even if you still bury the shop, you could have it shot into the hole. On a slightly more serious note, the mortar isn't an unheard of idea. I have a friend who has my word that I will mix his ashes with shot and load him into 12ga. shells to take him hunting one last time when he's done for. I don't have any problem with it, and that's what he wants- so unless his family prevents it, that's what is going to happen.

Well, I suppose the trebuchet could be used for dispersing my ashes. Then it could be torched too.

All I can say is, don't shoot upwind, otherwise sounds reasonable to me.