Just saw an ad for a laser guided circular saw.

Sorry had to laugh at that one. Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Too bad it's a Sears...

Anyone know of any other circular saw with a laser? How about cordless? I can dream, can't I?? By next year that feature will undoubtedly be de rigeur.

dave

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

Dave, Lowes is now carrying some crap called Red-Eye, made by GMC. They have a complete line of tools with laser guides. I reckon the laser will far outlast the tool. Here ya go, only 59.95...

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

I can't even get happy with a Crapsman tool, so I'm sure you know how I feel about "no names". :)

Seriously, I was wondering if anyone had heard if the biggies had anything coming done the pike with a laser assist. Surely Sears isn't going to be the lone entrant in this field.

dave

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

My suggestion, of course, was entirely tongue in cheek... My favorite is the GMC 2 amp drill press with twin lasers that have to be realigned every time you change the table height. 2 amp... that must be a whopping 1/16 HP. They don't even advertise the size of this 'thing' (i.e. 8" - 12" etc.).

As for tools with lasers that actually WORK, the only one I know of is the Porter Cable / Delta 12" compound miter saw. It does work well.

But seeing as how consumers are eating this crap up, I'm sure they will have cordless laser guided screwdrivers before Christmas 2004.

FWIW,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Greg, I was going to ask if there's a laser guided pencil coming to town soon; my penmanship is atrocious! :) or maybe a LG artist's brush; then I can sate my desire to become an artiste. :)

dave

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Bay Area Dave

That would be a laser guided paint-by-number brush for you, then.

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

Isn't all this built into the latest celll phones?

Reply to
Everett M. Greene