Jointer Blade Hone

Woodcraft sells a "Jointer Blade Hone" that doesn't require removal of the blades from the jointer. Do these really work effectively? Sharpening them without having to remove the blades sounds to good to be true.

Reply to
stoutman

so does MLCS

Reply to
Joe

This is one of those gadgets that was worth the money.

Yes indeed, it's effective for honing.

Don't know about Woodcafts hone, but look at

comparison as this one has an index.

-nick

Reply to
Nicky

yes, it works well for touchup. i also use a small diamond paddle and do it by hand.

stoutman wrote:

Reply to
david zaret

I do better turning on the jointer with a stone over the blades. I've got the tool in question; I don't think it is effective. If the blades are a bit out of alignment, they won't be after getting "stoned".

Dave

Nicky wrote:

Reply to
David