Johnson's Paste Wax

All I was trying to do is to was show everyone where they could buy some paste wax. 80 posts later... I understand Johnson's Paste Wax is a hot topic among WW'ers but geesh...

Reply to
RampRat

Amazon

$33.06/6pk.

>> Rick

Points not yet mentioned:

In a time long, long ago, Johnson's paste wax was advertised for floors. Today, and for decades, you will have seen advertisements for floors that never need waxing. Wonder why there isn't a market for the wax.

There's no magic in Johnson's wax. Nothing more than a mixure of waxes, e.g. bees and carnuba in paint thinner. FWW has published formulas.

Just my two cents.

ray

Reply to
Ray_Manor

Hah. I'll do it for _15_ percent more than Doug's price. So there.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

In my case, he was across the street from my office... hard to ignore..

Reply to
mac davis

That's trickier than you might think. I have a can of Kit paste wax which touts its carnauba content, but doesn't mention silicones. Emailed customer support, got a quick response: it has silicone oils. So, unless you check with the manufacturer, you won't be sure that can of automotive wax is free of silicone oil. I'd bet that they all have it. (Northern Labs' (makers of Kit) response pointed out that they make Goddard's Cabinet Makers Paste Wax, US$9.99/4.5oz tin, if anyone is interested.)

Reply to
Australopithecus scobis

Oh, and on that whole discontinued wax thread from a bit ago, now that I'm Mr. Mom, and have done some, yerk, shopping, hork, I can report that Wal-Mart does have this stuff on the chemicals isle in high quanties.

Reply to
Silvan

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 01:43:12 -0500, Silvan calmly ranted:

Is it still $4.72 a tin? That's where I got mine and what I paid a few years ago.

-- Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|-

Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Somewhere in that ballpark probably. I didn't really note the price on anything. I just threw it in the buggy. That's why I went $37 over budget. Oops. Oh well, she doesn't need her cash allowance this week anyway.

Reply to
Silvan