Japanese-style (roughly) woodworking

As an experiment, I've been trying to use vises and clamps as little as possible for various tasks, using planing stops, body weight, etc. On the whole, it works so well and efficiently that I'm seriously considering leaving the vise off the bench I'm planning. One thing I haven't been able to do satisfactorily, however, is chopping the pin parts for half-blind dovetails. How would one go about doing those without a proper holding system ?

Only one P in my real address/ Un seul P dans ma véritable adresse

Reply to
Peter Wells

the pin parts for

holding system ?

Reply to
CW

You might want to look at Toshio Odate's book "Japanese Woodworking Tools and Their Use".

Layne

pin parts for

holding system ?

Reply to