I've never seen a "box plane" before

I wonder how it works.

Reply to
Michael

Think of it being used to cut a "groove"/dado in various shapes.

Depending on blade, used to cut coves and various shapes when making custom molding.The "V" goes down, but can be used at an angle for various shapes.

Haven't seen one used in years, but my maternal grandfather had one.

Reply to
Swingman

I'm not sure the CL seller knows what they have there.

Halfway down the page, sold for $695.00

Reply to
Larry Kraus

With the wooden handles and a third set of "attachments" for deeper cores, in fine condition.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Well, the dealer you referenced doesn't know the difference between a Stanley #71 and a #71 1/2. Both shown on the same page as a #71 :-).

Reply to
Trenbidia