hvlp

Ok - I must fess up. I don't get into house painting because I live in a log home. I shoot some preservative on it every 5 or 6 years and salute it from the front yard. Inside, my wife does all the painting. So... I cheerfully escape that which you point out. I love painting cars but I hate painting in the house.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I use my single stage hvlp to spray latex paint on doors all the time. I even use the new Wagner Control Spray hvlp to spray latex. I get great results with 2-3 coats.

AZCRAIG

cm

What percentage water are you adding?

dave

Reply to
David

Are you a moron in real life, or just here on usenet? (I'm not implying anything.)

JP

*********************** Force a bad position.
Reply to
Jay Pique

If you're inclined, there is a diatribe I posted a while ago - maybe a year ago (?) that covered a lot of technique stuff. As I recall it really was a diatribe. Have some strong coffee on hand to ward off the tendency to fall asleep. If you find it and it's helpful, then great. If you find it and it's not helpful, then fire away - we'll create a new diatribe. I you don't find it, fire away anyway. Despite all of my "quirks", I do enjoy being able to offer something of help, so we can step through it all again.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I've been here a while but somehow I missed that. I'm sorry.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

None at all, actually. You were wrong, we were right, so we told you. Plus, you're boring, so I felt obligated to be a little mean.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I stand up and fight for the rights of women to parade naked through the streets. But only if they're under 180 lbs.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Now a strawman? What are you, like 15?

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

No, I just don't care to be mischaracterized.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

snip

can we all get along now?

Otherwise, how about taking this conversation over to alt.i'm.gonna.punch.your.lights.out and continue to demean each other for the next couple of days.

sheesh!

Dave

Reply to
David

David,

I mix the paint and water in a plastic quart container. I pour in approximatley 1" of water and then fill it the rest of the way with paint. With some thicker latexs I have to add a little more.

When you focurs on the spray patern and size of the atomized paint drops they look big, but flow out nicley. It took a little getting use to at first.

I have sprayed about 30 doors with my $70.00 Wagner Control Spray HVLP. You need almost an 1 1/2" of water for it to spray well.

Craig

cm

And for that I thank you. Let me know next time they're rallying and I'll help with crowd control.

JP

************************************ I will fight no more forever.
Reply to
Jay Pique

On 11 Feb 2006 10:06:26 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com quickly quoth:

Your Classic Burglar-Proof California Ranch Style home, eh?

Pop another tank on there and you'll have more than enough spare air for most small to medium jobs (everything you mentioned) Robert.

$23 for 5 gallon tank. These are really handy. I ran my little brad nailer with one while working on the house before I got the larger compressor. It was lighter than the 3/4hp Rand compressor, not to mention A HELL OF A LOT QUIETER. ;)

or

$33 for 10 gals.

or

$55 for 10 gals.

- The advantage of exercising every day is that you die healthier. ------------

Dynamic Websites, PHP Apps, MySQL databases

Reply to
ljaques

Damn - if I'd have known it was me versus "we" I'd have surrendered in the very beginning. I hate it when that happens.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

Huh? Strawman? It was my only point from the beginning.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

that doesn't sound like a huge volume of water. I'm suprised you get decent results with a 1 stage unit!

Dave

Reply to
David

He said he knew the subject had been beaten to death - he knows there are (many) old posts on the subject. So he has invested some time. Now you trot out your snotty "Seems like investing any time is considered an unrealistic expectation these days", which I'm sure was followed by a tired sigh and disapproving shake of your head. I take back my 15 year old snipe and now put you at half-past-dead and grumpy that things aren't "like they used to be".

JP

********************* Posting with abandon.
Reply to
Jay Pique

Whatever Jay. You have become tiring. Here - I'll leave you a place for the last word ______________.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

I'm not necessarily spraying latex. The truth is that I know next to nothing about paint. All I want to do is be able to spray some paint on kids furniture maybe. If oil based paint is better for that, then maybe that's what I should be using. I'm not sure.

brian

Reply to
brianlanning