Home Depot receipts

Not everyone has a computer. Then what??? WW

Reply to
WW

clare

You will not get an emailed receipt.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Then you slip into possibly the lower class. Do you actually know some one that does not have access to a computer?

Reply to
Leon

You don't need a computer to get an e-mailed receipt. You only need an e-mail address. You can access that through a smart phone, iPad or the like, TV, public computer. etc.

Reply to
Leon

I actually do, my parents, but they are into their 90's, and not changing anytime soon.

I would like to think that unless your credit card has an email addy on file for you the prompt would not even come up.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

I do know that whenever I send someone with my company HD card to purchase something needed right away, I insist they say "yes" to the prompt, and I get a receipt immediately on my phone or tablet, and without them having to enter an email address - otherwise I may not get the physical receipt at all by the end of the day.

I live and die by budgetary accountability, and receipts are mandatory, so love the feature myself ... then again, it is not unusual for me to charge in high five figures at each of the BORGS on one project.

The ability to logon to HD and Lowe's websites and download all the purchase and return receipts, over a range of specified dates, is a real handy feature when accountability is priority one.

Reply to
Swingman

HD does not offer that service in the NJ area. I would chose it.

Are you allowed to use it for returns. I recently needed a receipt for a purchase, and they gave it to me, but would not take a return on the item.

Reply to
woodchucker

I have observed that Amazon.com has, as part of my account, all of the details of every purchase I have ever made there. I have found that handy at least once or twice.

Reply to
Bill

My dad is 91 and has had a PC since 1987.

Reply to
Leon

My mother-in-law has one too, my dad saw the blinking lights from the modem and router, said what is that, started telling him, and then he said "Nevermind, sorry I asked" :-)

Works out for me, glad I do not have to do technical support for them.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

Lowes doesn't need any sort of a receipt, even for cash transactions. They ask your phone number and store the purchase information using that.

Reply to
krw

Yeah! LOL. My dad is starting to not remember stuff, like how to turn the computer off. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Not here they don't. You don't have a receipt, they are sending you away.

Reply to
woodchucker

They do in every store I've been in. I've also returned merchandise with no receipt or when I didn't use my phone number (self-checkout). They don't want to piss off customers, however don't make a regular practice of returning anything. They do keep track.

Reply to
krw

Senator Reid said to day that there were many people who never used a computer and that was causing the problems with the Obamacare website.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

I thought he said that they all lied.

Reply to
krw

Was his mouth moving when he said that?

Reply to
Leon

In some parts of some towns that is a VERY real possibility.

Doesn't stop the crooks from steeling there and returning in a "better" area of town if they have transportation.

Reply to
clare

No, but that requires effort and thinking, something that most crooks don't want to deal with.

Reply to
Leon