having trouble identifying my old eggbeater drill

I have an old eggbeater drill that I can't identify. It looks very similar to the Stanley ones, except there are six spokes on the main gear, and all the spokes are straight, not curved. I haven't seen a picture online of one like it yet. There are no markings of any kind on the drill anywhere that I could find. I've cleaned it and disassembled it so far.

Reply to
Aaron James

Aaron James wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Perhaps you could upload a picture of it somewhere? We'd have a lot better chance guessing if we could see it.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Well, it's YOUR drill; give it any name you want. George, or Gyre, or McGyver... it can even be named in memory of your erstwhile pet termite.

If brandname matters, a visit to images.google.com with 'hand crank drill' as search terms might be helpful.

Reply to
whit3rd

lack of markings should be an indicator too

maybe look at it under some other kind of lighting

uva aka blacklight or microscope

how worn is it

materials

casting seams