Delta TS300 table saw

I need to find/build/ whatever a rip fence assembly for this saw. Mine was lost during a move and can't find a replacement. Is there another make/model that will fit this one? I am new at wood working and need some advice on where to go from here.
Thanks!
On 10/30/2016 10:40 AM, Cindy Eller wrote:

Those are tough; they weren't standard-sized or common design with anything else and they're all obsolete as far as available parts (as I gather you've discovered).
Best I can suggest if you're in a metro area is look for/advertise for parts saw on Craigs list or the like...
Cindy Eller wrote:

read: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?136188-I-need-to-upgrade-my-TS-fence-system
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaqP1NIKBDA

purchase: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-Power-Equipment-30-in-T-Square-Fence-and-Rail-System-36-T30T3/205803795
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DELTA-36-T30-T3-30-Inch-Fence-and-Rail-System-replace-36-T30T2-NEW-/271918813095
yer welcome.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Unfortunately unless you luck out on Craigslist or ebay there's not a cheap solution--any decent aftermarket fence costs more than the original price of that saw. On the other hand, you can't get much saw these days in that price range so a new fence might be worth the cost.
The only fence manufacturer I can find who publishes the range of table front-to-back sizes that the fence will fit is Incra--theirs will fit any saw for which that dimension is 28 inches or less as long as the front and back edges are square to the table top and reasonably smooth and flat. Those go for $400-700 depending on options and whether there's a sale or not though so that might be more than you want to go-- the Incra also needs a lot of free space to the right of the saw.
In principle a Biesemeyer or Biesemeyer clone should work--the back rail on those is just a support, fence alignment and positioning is all done on the front rail, but the one document I could find says that 23 inches is the minumum front-to-back distance for a Bies so there may be more to it.

If you decide to make one, the rails could be extruded aluminum, angle iron or wood. The head - the part that locks in/on the rail(s) and keeps the fence square to the blade - could also be fabricated easily, check Youtube for ideas.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=table+saw+fence

For core of the fence itself, I would use one of aluminum extrusions from 80/20: https://8020.net/catalog/category/view/s/shop/id/837/?cat82 specifically, this one: https://8020.net/shop/1545-s.html
The neat thing about their extrusions is that you can easily attach/remove all sorts of stuff. For general, normal use I'd stick on a piece of HDPE plastic. Need to bury the blade? Off comes the HPDE, on goes a sacrificial wood fence. Etcetera.
On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 08:40:51 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Eller

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/delta-table-saw-parts-c-3275_3334.html