Happy days

You may wish to consider the spiral cords like they use to put on telephones. (You do remember telephones, don't you)

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

Funny... I just replaced the corded phone in my shop today.... The handset was cracked and the cord wouldn't stay connected properly. Corded phones are a self defense move... There are four corded phones in the house so they cannot walk off like the cordless handsets perpetually do !

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

Or just buy a new one. With the major coin you are going to pay for a new table saw, if a new roller extension would fit, just buy it. You can always tack on a little to the price of the old saw. It is a good saw and somebody will appreciate it.

When talking to them see if anybody has mounted this item on a SawStop and see what they have to say.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

I have considered leaving it on the saw, make it a nice package deal with the mobile base too.

Reply to
Leon

Yep. Saw a loft converstion to a 1 (large) room apartment. There was only one electrical outlet in the room and it was centered on the ceiling. The apartment owner created wall outlets by stringing about six bright-orange curly extension cords from the one outlet to locations where power was needed (fridge, TV, etc.). Looked wierd, but nice.

Reply to
HeyBub

I got the Cabinet Master clamps for about $17 each so I loaded up.. This was several years ago when the screw clamp end was made from aluminum. Jorgensen switched to cast iron when the aluminum failed. With a lifetime guarantee all 10 clamp ends were replaced for free. No problems sense.

Reply to
Leon

Me too from Woodcraft on a special. bought 4 of each size. Mine have not failed, didn't know the reason for the black ones? What caused the aluminum to fail? Did yours fail or you were just pre-emptive?

Reply to
woodchucker

They were failing on one at a time and they replaced them one by one for the first three. Next two failed and they asked how many more aluminum ones that I had and they decided to replace the rest and be done with it.

They replaced 2 iron ones because of a gritty feel when you tightened the clamp down. I later discovered that a drop of oil internally where the swivel pad is attached to the screw makes them work like new again.

Reply to
Leon

To answer your other questions. The ones that failed were not painted. If yours are painted they are probably cast iron and the latest version, so to speak. It was explained to me that there were small voids in the aluminum casting and that created weak spots.

Reply to
Leon

No, mine are just silver. That explains it. I assume the cast iron needed the pad I see that mine don't have.

I like the clamps, they are heavy, but they are nice. BTW that htc link showed me another way to mount my clamps.. upside down. Damn That actually works well , I just freed one side of my rack by having them flip up and down. I can now bring in many more of my other clamps. I'll have to see how this works out. MAN can NEVER HAVE TOO MANY CLAMPS.

Reply to
woodchucker

d will soon be moving out of the single stall I now call home. This means a fixed location for most of my machinery, especially the TS (soon to be equ ipped with a fixed outfeed table). Need to do the prep work first -- power distribution and lighting and a good plan for dust collection. Want to min imize wires on the floor and all the other crap that gets in the way of my feet.

Give it a few months. It will be too small pretty soon. Problems always exp and into the space given them.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.giganews .com:

Damn, I wish mine had only cost $17. It appears I was too late to the party and they hit me up for ~$36 each if I remember right.

Larry

Reply to
Larry

Pad?