Knocking down a double garage

The house I live in has a double garage at the end of the garden. Normal brick and block with two metal up and over doors.

I want to brick off one end (garden end) and turn it into a workshop with a door leading into the garden. I then want to remove the remaining parts of the garage but leave the concrete floors so that we will then have an open parking area. This will allow us to store a caravan and possibly a boat.

Obviously when the garage was built, planning permission was granted.

Do I need to obtain planning permission for what I am proposing?

Steve...

Reply to
Steve

Phone em up and ask, they don't bite.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Your local council's website (or any other council's of yours is no good) will generally have guidelines on this.

I looked at this recently - from memory, If you're not in a conservation area, you normally don't need pp for anything >5m from the house, no nearer the road than the house is,

Reply to
Mike Harrison