Grizzly bandsaws -- G0555 + riser versus G1148

Looking at the Grizzly G0555 14" BS + riser versus the G1148 15" BS. The net prices are about the same. The G1148 resaws up to 7.5" w/o a riser block, which means 1x8, which I think should be more than enough. (My prediction is that I'll do no more than 1x6, + the usual margin or error.) Never having owned a BS, some of the details are not fully meaningful to me, but as best I can tell the G0555 is newer and has a few extra features

-- seems to be the "competitive" model against the usual suspects. Helpful perspectives why to prefer one over the other would be appreciated. TIA.

-- Igor

Reply to
igor