Granite table top advice

I think you may have started something, Michael. I can see it now ... headlines on the cover of next month's American Wooddorker:

"Great New Plans: The ULTIMATE Scary SharpT Table".

The question now is whether to put it on a mobile base and which one ... HTC, Delta, or the Delta clone?

Reply to
Swingman

Thanks for the idea's on fastening the top with wooden cleats glued to the underside of the granite.

Although it is not finished, it was far enough along to be useable and present to SWMBO for Christmas, so I moved it into the kitchen for her to use during the Holidays, and until I get the drawer and drawer assembly done later this week.

Page 4, Projects Journal on the website below.

As it turns out, the cleats work fine as placement guides for the top, and to keep it from moving about. And, as Andy indicated, the top is heavy enough that it will not be necessary to actually screw the cleats to the aprons.

Not a bad idea for the top to 'float', as the combined weight makes moving this thing a task and the ability to easily remove the top is welcome.

Reply to
Swingman

just make sure the top is loose enough that friction will not lift the base if the table is lifted from the top. could give someone an unpleasant surprise...

Reply to
Bridger