Gloat FS - Cherry lumber - eastern Iowa

about 200 to 250BF of AD cherry available. $250 FIRM

My father-in-law passed away and when I was home over Christmas we started cleaning out a barn. The wood was sawn in 1999 and stickered ever since then. I would guess there is about 80 BF of 8/4, and 150BF of 4/4, and 4 long pieces of 3x3. (I didn't measure any boards - I just stacked them on a hayrack to move them to the main farm.) All rough sawn. Most are around 10 feet long and 6 to 10 inches wide. There are some wide boards in the 12" range. Quality varies from FAS to common grade - although most of the #2 and #3 common I cut up for kindling. The 3x3's have a little warp in them, but are FAS quality. (other than the 3x3's not a lot would qualify as FAS)

Located near Calamus, which is on Highway 30 - about 45 miles East of Cedar Rapids.

Cash only, you have to load it yourself unless you've enough guts to ask my mother-in-law to get out there and help you. 1 pickup load should take it all.

Reply to
Mike Schwarz

Why do these deals always have to be so far away? Anyone have any great deals on lumber near Houston?

Reply to
Bruce

Or Louisville?

Reply to
Jerry Gilreath

If it's any consolation (and I'm sure it isn't), I'm in Eastern Iowa, but I can't afford to take advantage of it.

Reply to
Bill Le May

Actually, being the New Year and all, it is some consolation. Not that you can't afford to take advantage of it but that I'm fortunate enough to be able to if it was nearby.

Reply to
Bruce

I'm sure this will come as no surprise, but the wood has been spoken for and a blind date between the wood and its new owner is set for Tuesday. If for some reason this falls through then I will let you know.

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike Schwarz

She Who Must Be Obeyed from all the P-whipped guys out there.

Reply to
Bruce

Show of hands...how many people knew what SPEBSQSA stood for? My college roommate was and is quite a serious barbershopper, so that's how I knew.

todd

Reply to
todd

No fair! you gave it away!

Who was recruited, _hard_, by the local chapter, even *after* I stated that the only way I could carry a tune was "in a bucket". I dunno, maybe the chapter membership was down to _three_.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Spoken like a single man.

Reply to
Silvan

I've been happily married for 19 years Silvan. That moniker just rubs me the wrong way, sounds way to subserviant and not like the partnership that marriage is supposed to be. MUST BE OBEYED!!! give me a break.

Reply to
Bruce

OK, how about She Who When Happy Makes My Life Easier instead? SWWHMMLE... Seems too long to me. :)

Reply to
Silvan

I think you're a candidate for a humor implant. I could go on, but everyone else reading already knows what I'm talking about. I guess everything you say can be taken at face value and literally.

Reply to
todd

I have a fine sense of humor, I just don't find that one funny. Now if you want to talk about Bill Brasky...

Reply to
Bruce

Well and good, then.

Reply to