Lumber from an Estate Sale (Gloat?)

Just got home from an estate sale where I bought 118 bf of 4/4 red oak. Total cost, $18. Apparently, these 8' boards came from a flooring mill as they were random width 4" to 8" wide and had a 45 degree chamfer (is that the term?) on two corners. They had been planed on 4 sides but not run through the t&g shaper yet. There are some blemishes; minor worm holes, knots, checks, etc. but at least 90% first quality. I think I got a pretty good deal.

Gary

Reply to
Gary

You suck.

See above.

Wanna trade it for some walnut?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Nah, not such a good deal. You have a lot of waste with them bevels that will have to be cut off. At that point, you will have paid maybe 16¢ a board foot, up from 15.25¢.

Yeah, you suck. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski