Shaker Felt Dust Collection Bag from Rockler

Anyone have any experience with these bags on the Jet 1100 DC system? Ease of cleaning/dumping??? Advertised as 1 micron???

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Steve

Before upgrading to a cyclone I bought the shaker felt bags from Highland Hardware. What a ripoff. After the first garbage can of dust/shavings they get that magical cake of dust on the inside that they claim helps filtration. What it really does is choke off the airflow. I was getting around 500 CFM with a clean bag. That dropped off to under 250CFM as soon as the bags got dirty.

The only bag upgrade worth doing is the oversized bags from a reputable supplier. They need to be vastly oversized so they'll still flow enough air when they get dirty.

Reply to
Scott Post