Good dust collection systems

I have been watching these newsgroup awhile now and feel I need to add some dust control to my workshop I built.

Workshop is 20 x 20 TS in Delta unisaw Old sears joiner Delta band saw 10"

I built my 20' x 20' workshop and wired it myself so the electrical requirements are not a problem. I have a 200amp service to the shop. It was the smallest the local power company offered so what the heck. I live out in the country so noise is not a problem.

I have read Bill web page and learned allot about why I need a good one. Does anyone make a decent collection system. I would like to spend $300-$400.

My shop has a cement floor also.

Reply to
Creekbuster

Jim Behning

Creekbuster wrote in news:1104678853.3bf1b0ed968fb0e15da9c168713af515@1usenet:

I spent about that amount on a Delta 580 (not B) a couple of months ago, for a similar sized and equipped shop, including the ducting, an upgraded bag, fittings and the new trash can for the chip collection.

It certainly doesn't get everything. The router table, thickness planer, band saw, drill press and cabinet saw send most of their chips and dust where they belong. Sanding is less likely to have all the dust collected, even with a hose on the ROS. Handheld routers and trimmers throw stuff everywhere. Hand tools make a quiet, enjoyable mess, cleaned up mostly with a shopvac or broom. A floor sweep is on the to do list.

The power tools work better with good collection, and it is more convenient. The cyclone/trash can thing makes it easier. There's less than half an inch of stuff in the lower bag of the Delta, and I've emptied the chip can twice already.

Lots of alternatives out there, but you have a good start.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Thanks for the suggestions.

These are the two I'm now looking at.

Jet 708634CK/DC-1200CK Dust Collector with Filter Canister Delta Model 50-850A

Because of some health problems I have I feel I need to stay to a 2 micron system. I could spend more if that's necessary to get it down to a 1 micron I guess. I have so many other tools I need to get also like a good joiner.

Reply to
Creekbuster