flexible shafts are breaking too often

I have a Foredom and a genric flexible shaft tool. Both are tearing up the shafts and rubber sheath. I can't get but a few hours before something breaks.Sometimes the rubber sheath melts, sometimes the inner shaft snaps. I have used alot of grease but that doesn't help.Can anybody tell me how to extend the lifes of these shafts. Thanks

Reply to
whumphrey

You're bending them too tight

Reply to
Andy Dingley

See items 6 - 10 under "Motor Related Questions" from a link on Foredom's web site at:

Nova

if you're tearing them up that fast you should switch to a heavier duty machine. try a die grinder.

Reply to
bridgerfafc