Beko Freezer door often not shutting correctly

Hi all, I have an 4 year old Beko A Class Fridge/Freezer with the fridge on the top part.
I live alone so cant blame anyone else, but often after closing the freezer section door, I later find it had not closed tightly and a lot of frost/ice forming inside.
I keep reminding myself to check it has shut correctly but it still happens!
Is it possible to increase or renew the magnetic catch plate, or fir a 2nd closure to the door? Any thoughts welcomed. Mick.

http://tinyurl.com/j3s9def
--

Chris

If you haven't done so already, properly defrost the freezer compartment. If there is any ice preventing the door shutting tightly the problem will keep recurring.
At only four years old I wouldn't expect to be replacing door seals. Of course it's always possible that it is faulty. You might find a childproof catch that would add an extra level of closure protection.
Tim
Tim
On 12/01/2016 10:54, Mick IOW wrote:

Does it really have a magnetic catch plate? Most machines have a hollow flexible seal with a magnetic strip all the way round, which should seal all the way round (check with a strip of paper).
I have a Samsung fridge-freezer which was a bit like this when delivered, but the seal relaxed itself after a short while and now works fine.
A standard "fault" on new machines is for the door to be slightly out of plane, effectively with a slight "crease" along one diagonal. Service guys get the householder to go away while they correct the geometry with judicious use of force (with the door still in place).
Start with the "paper" check.
On 12/01/2016 11:44, newshound wrote:

Instructional video at
https://youtu.be/sa7o49uOzVI?t

https://youtu.be/sa7o49uOzVI?t
32
Youtube Video clip from the channel 4 Secret Life Of Machines - The Refrigerator. Link is to just before the bit with the paper test and brute force adjustment.
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

On 12/01/2016 22:48, alan_m wrote:

I'd forgotten what a wonderful series that was. I like to think of myself as a Tim, but I sometimes fear I am more of a Rex.

This reminds me of a friend who I've known since university. She did physics, so she really ought to know about these things... She had complained on Facebook that her fridge was not getting really cold. Various people made the point about putting a lot of newly-bought shopping (at room temperature) into it and that it may take a while after that to get back to the correct temp.
Then she threw in a bouncer. "Does it matter that my fridge doesn't have a door on it - the door fell off a while ago". You could tell from the various responses on Facebook that people were trying to be very polite and restrained, while wanting to say "You silly moo. Of *course* it matters! How the F is the fridge supposed to keep cool if all the cold air is falling out of the fridge and being replaced by room temp air".
She muttered something about placing lots of bottles of Coke at the front of the shelves to make a sort of partial door, but I still can't work out what was going on. It seems that the fridge had sort-of worked (though the compressor ran 24/7) for several years but now it wasn't. The poor motor had probably finally seized up through overheating and over-use.
Some people!
Going back to you problem. I had a deep freeze that sometimes failed to seal properly at one corner - you could see condensation on the outside of the case at that point. I found that once it had got into that state, where one but of the rubber seal was not making a good contact, the best remedy was to use a bit of sellotape to hold that part of the door tightly shut for a few hours, after which time the seal had returned to normal and/or the freezer had cooled down to -18, and then you could remove the sellotape and open and close the door as normal.
On 12/01/2016 10:54, Mick IOW wrote:

Check the hinge plates are attached properly, especially the bottom one. I came across one where the screws had started to come out.

Also - check that the feet are carefully adjusted. Does the gap normally appear at the top or bottom? This can be a sign that the cabinet has twisted slightly due to the feet not being adjusted carefully.
Mick IOW scribbled

Is it level ?
On 12/01/2016 14:51, Jonno wrote:

And remove heavy goods from the door shelves.
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

In the freezer?
Tim+ scribbled

Broken/cracked inner and the door is full of ice.

That's possible though unlikely as condensation streaming down the door would be obvious. I think Alan was mixing up a fridge door with a freezer door, the latter rarely having storage capabilities.
Tim

Sorry, I was thinking of the fridge part above it!!! Mick.
On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 22:10:22 +0000 (GMT+00:00), jim <k> wrote:

It is a freestanding one.
I will try the leveling and remove the heavy bottles from the door storage first. Thanks everyone for your help. Mick.