Festool TS55 Blade

Have googled without success. Am looking to get a blade for my Festool TS55 that will cut a flat bottom kerf. Not a kerf that an ATB blade cuts. Any info greatly appreciated.

Vic

Reply to
junk

This might work.

Alternatively talk to Forrest and they will make you what you want. Or if you have a spare blade they will sharpen/shape it the way you want.

Reply to
Leon

A box joint blade cuts a flat bottom kerf.

Reply to
G Ross

Don't box joint blades need to be used in pairs?

Reply to
Leon

I think the closest you're going to come in an off-the-shelf blade that fits that saw is a triple-chip grind, which you can get from Festool. Won't be quite flat though. If it has to be absolutely flat you may need to get a custom grind. Try calling Forrest

and see what they can do for you.

Reply to
J. Clarke

What make of box joint blade will fit a Festool TS55. Needs to be 160 MM dia with a 20 MM bore?

Reply to
junk

I would guess that it depends on whether there is a glue relief on the box joint. In any case, there won't be a box joint set for a TS55.

Reply to
krw

Not positive the Mafell 55 blades fit the Festool 55 track saw, but if they are interchangeable, then maybe look at Mafell track saw blades the same size. One listed below says it is "Tungsten carbide tipped flat top and trapezoidal teeth". The flat top should fit your needs.

russellseaton1

Dimensions are the same so should fit, however "flat top and trapezoidal teeth" sounds like a triple-chip grind in which the trapezoidal teeth are a little bit taller than the flat ones. Be nice if they actually showed the profile.

Reply to
J. Clarke

That is what I was thinking. Cant handle 2 blades. Typically these type blades require an inner and outer blade.

Reply to
Leon

Would a triple chip work?

Reply to