Festool Abrasives

I just plunked down a good chunk of change on a bunch of Festool brand abrasives. I'm going to be resurfacing a Corian counter and could only buy the appropriate grits in packs of 100. <grumble> I'm wondering, is anyone else is making 6" discs for the Festool Rotex sanders?
JP
I just plunked down a good chunk of change on a bunch of Festool brand abrasives. I'm going to be resurfacing a Corian counter and could only buy the appropriate grits in packs of 100. <grumble> I'm wondering, is anyone else is making 6" discs for the Festool Rotex sanders?
JP

I believe that Klingspoor does but I am not sure of the number of holes.
http://www.woodworkingshop.com /
Frank Drackman wrote:

Yep, you're right. They sell 6", 9-hole discs that fit Festool sanders. They are, however, more expensive that the Festool brand.
JP

I the past I have found Klingspoor abrasives to more expensive per disk than other brands but a much better value but have only used 5".
Bob
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:41:32 -0800, "Frank Drackman"

I'll add Mirka to that same cost/value category.
Barry

Mirka Abranet is a nice alternative. Joest (Germany) makes some nice stuff as well. Klingspor does make a series of 9-hole discs (http://www.woodworkingshop.com/cgi-bin/F90E5555/mac/subgrp.mac/subGroupS electionLoop) http://www.specialtytools.com/ carries many choices for the Festool sanders.

A few guys I respect are buzzing about this product. I am going to try this system. I'll let ya'll know soon.
http://tinyurl.com/hunka (as in 'burning love???lol)
Robatoy wrote:

Thanks much - I'm going to call specialtytools on Monday, because I don't believe they've shipped my order yet. It looks very interesting.
JP