Fence clamp

Has anyone tried one of these?

simple design and it would be nice to have the clamps out of the way. It might be easy enough to make something similar especially if it's only needed for the width of one brand of fence.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

A couple of 1/4-20 flat head bolts got the job done for me.

Even using S/S, was less than $1, including fender washers.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I bought a pair but have not used them yet. I got a 20% discount so mine were only $11.19. Certainly worth the cost over my time.

Reply to
Leon

They look OK, but the fence on my saw has some holes drilled all the way through. I use them to attach various jigs and accessories, some with wing nuts & through bolts, some with just a simple wood screw through the fence hole and into the jig. The latter works great for one-time jigs and the bolt or screw through the fence is even much less obtrusive the the clamp in the Rockler link.

Reply to
Larry W

these?

> Pretty simple design and it would be nice to have the clamps out of

I've used a pair of similar clamps, I made from a uiseless craftsman universal jig. They work great. I use them on my Bies. fence, when I'm usiong the router, in the ext. table. I have 3 different sized cutouts for different router bits, and just slide the fence, until it lines up and tighten the clamps.

Reply to
sailor

And that's what I did. My rendition of these clamps using regular clamps has been posted to ABPW.

Reply to
Upscale

Thanks for the drawing. Should work great.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

these?

> Pretty simple design and it would be nice to have the clamps out of

Here is a picture of my shop built ones.

sailor