Excalibur fence

Hi,

I used to have a King Table saw with a Excalibur fence that I really loved.

Now I have a much better General cabinet TS, with it's own General T-Fence... that I don't like... I, by far, prefer the smooth operation of the Excalibur Bearings.

I would put my excalibur on my General, but the rails are too short.

I can't find Excalibur anywhere since General bought it and discontinued it.

Anyone here knows a place where I could find used/new rails...

Thanks.

Reply to
YouWontSpamThisAdress

"YouWontSpamThisAdress"

What is too short? The rails on my Excalibur are 32" if I remember rightly. Have you tried contacting General to see if they might have any left over old Excalibur rail stock from when they took over the company?

There must be some people selling their Excalibur fence and rails, although it's less likely you'll find just the rails alone. Have you looked through the Craiglist and Ebay sales? As well, looking at the Excalibur rails, I can't envision it being too difficult for you to contract a set yourself. Basically, you need a thin rail for the wheels to ride on. How that's fastened to the tablesaw is mostly open to choice.

Reply to
Upscale

Hi,

Yes the rails are too short, I need to be able to cut larger than 32" minus the distance of the fence to the guide's ruler so it's roughly 26"

General doesn't have any parts left.

I've left a message to some guys at graiglist that sells their Table saw with the Excalibur, I've ask them if we could negociate an exchange!!!

Yep you are right I could just use an Iron or Alu rod (right angle).

"Upscale" a écrit dans le message de news: b994$4a5e106a$cef88bc5$ snipped-for-privacy@TEKSAVVY.COM...

Reply to
YouWontSpamThisAdress

Rails - out of my jargon set - are they the round bars along the side ?

If so - I would think a quality metal working company could set you up with anything.

Think outside of the box to find some solutions.

Mart> "YouWontSpamThisAdress"

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

In the case of the Excalibur saw fence, they're flat, about 1/8" thick and a pair at the front, (single wheel at the back) of hollow gouged metal wheels ride on them similar but not exactly to a single railroad track.

Upscale

If you need longer ones - take one off and go to a metal fab company. That sounds like 10 gage or 1/8. Sounds like a strong strip with mounting holes at spacing. Easy for most sheet metal guys in their sleep.

Ask for Stainless steel if they have it - and ask for anti-rust process afterwards. It is a citrus or acid bath. It passivates the exposed iron. The nickel and chrome should be on the exterior.

You will need mounting hardware - take one - see if they can make them. I suspect a simple tube or 1/4" bronze pipe - cut off to size...

I have like rails on my plasma table for the Z axis.

Maybe you just need an extension - not longer ones. Consider that - the issue is close fit to the first rail.

Mart>> Rails - out of my jargon set - are they the round bars along the side ? >

Martin H. Eastburn

Thanks for the input,

I was about to go to the machine shop, when an Email from an internet Tool supplier, popped up, he has one set of the original.

(they are still selling Excalibur stuff)

He will sell it approximately for what it would have costed me at the machine shop... but the machine shop is one thing I will consider in case the deal with the Tools supplier fails.

"Martin H. Eastburn" a écrit dans le message de news: gkQ7m.390325$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-01.dc.easynews.com...

YouWontSpamThisAdress