Don't you just hate it when...

....you've just used a power tool and you turn it off to get your next piece and you flip the switch back on and nothing happens. My Bosch 1617 router,

18 months old, just quit and I have to finish this order of shutters so now I have to go buy another one. At least now after I get this one fixed I'll have a back up....
Reply to
mel

Try blowing the sawdust out of it. I had the same problem. Cleared right up.

Jo

Reply to
JLJ21710

There was a thread on switch problems with this router a couple of weeks back.

Bernard R

Reply to
Bernard Randall

I had the same problem. Took the housing off to get at the switch. Once I got the switch apart, cleaned the offending sawdust out of it and reinstalled. Works great since. Took me about an hour because I had no idea where the problem was or what I was doing. Probably take 15 minutes next time.

Chris Corbett

Reply to
chrisacorbett

never happened to any of my human powered tools ;-)

Reply to
MPD Blue

How's the human powered Habinero?

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

MPD Blue wrote in news:kOrnc.12307$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.columbus.rr.com:

Some of mine refuse to power back up. ;-)

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch