Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

Morris Dovey wrote in news:hq37e4$kpb$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

*snip*

*snip*

That's apparently how the Apple II drive worked. The stepper motor would seek inwards 40 times, ensuring the head was at track 0. That way, the drive didn't need any fancy track seeking electronics.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

I agree Warhol took chances and broke new ground. I quite like his stuff.

I like his stuff too...but it is as recognizable as a Van Gogh.

Reply to
Bill

What colour was it? Makes a difference in price.

Meh... you seen one pile of shit, you've seen them all.

FIVE bucks only? What a cheap-ass.

Where and When?

Reply to
LDosser

Not all risk takers are artists. Some just produce, well, shit.

Reply to
LDosser

As Willy Sutton famously said when asked why he robbed banks: "Because that's where the money is."

Reply to
LDosser

Thatsa forshure. Most produce product that, well, in their minds is art, but really? Then there is that faction that is highly skilled in certain disciplines, like bronze casting, throwing pots, building medicine cabinets, but do they have the creativity to have it become art? I realize that some of that becomes extremely difficult to see. A local guy makes these doorknobs on his lathe. Basically balls on a bolt. Art? Then we have this thing every year called Art In The Park. I assure you that shit comes in many shapes, materials and colours. I have yet to see any of that kind of 'art' in the National in London (UK), Rijksmuseum or the Taft. That is not to say that I like all I have travelled to see, just no shit. At least no shit by my definition of shit.....and shit is in the eye of the beholder, n'est pas?

Reply to
Robatoy

Really. Really? You haven't looked very hard.

You can -accomplish- subtraction using an 'adder' and a bunch of inverter= s

=A0result, zero carry

esult, one =A0carry

result, zero borrow

=A0result, zero borrow

=A0result, one =A0borrow

...which are the same operations.

So what? Are you trying to prove your prowess with useless information?

Reply to
keithw86

:

=A0result, zero carry

result, one =A0carry

o result, zero borrow

=A0result, zero borrow

=A0result, one =A0borrow

Are you showing off that the information is useless to YOU because your prowess is so elevated?

Reply to
Robatoy

:

te:

ult, zero carry

e =A0result, zero carry

ro result, one =A0carry

ero result, zero borrow

ne =A0result, zero borrow

ne =A0result, one =A0borrow

Idiot. A particular method of encoding negative numbers isn't relevant when discussing the difference/similarity between subtraction and addition. I wouldn't expect you to know anything about it. OTOH, you are up to your usual standards in cashing checks with your mouth that you ass can't cover.

Reply to
keithw86

FWIW, and I won't wish to get dragged into any muck, the algorithm for performing of translating to negative numbers (assuming 2s complement representation) IS relevant if one will evaluate expressions of the form A-B as A+(-B).

Since bitwise negation can be performed by a single transistor, I would expect that that a value in a register could be negated VERY fast. I think just a few clock cycles.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 20:08:30 -0700 (PDT), the infamous Robatoy scrawled the following:

Black rubber with steel wire, $4,000 "art"

Here's one with chrome and everything for only $16.99.

"Art" has a 2354.326% markup? Gimme a break.

Proving a point about "artists" is all you need to know.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:44:56 -0700, the infamous "LDosser" scrawled the following:

Andy Warhol's work SUCKED. He and Picasso can go piss up a rope.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gosh, I'm not even going to mention Cindi Lauper, then! ; )

Reply to
Bill

Go listen to "True Colors" over at Amazon, and see if it doesn't move you in some way! ; )

Reply to
Bill

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:27:15 -0400, the infamous "Bill" scrawled the following:

Loved her in "Vibes".

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Only if you're doing invert-add to perform subtraction. The topic was specifically about hardware subtraction (or addition =3D complement- subtract), *not* invert-add.

Above you use 2's complement representations in your example. Now you switch tracks to 1's complement representation of negative numbers (the only format where negation =3D inversion). Yes, bitwise *INVERSION* can be done by a single transistor (indeed it takes zero clock cycles to invert a signal), but this is a negation only if you're doing 1's complement arithmetic. You still have to do the end-around carry for the addition (two carry propagations). OTOH, if you're doing 2's complement arithmetic negation is invert AND ADD ONE, which also takes two carry propagation periods (complement, add). TANSTAAFL.

Reply to
keithw86

Larry, that was sheer poetry. I'm getting a little misty here.

Reply to
Steve Turner

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:41:15 -0500, the infamous Steve Turner scrawled the following:

Better'n Keats, wot?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

te:

rote:

ly. =A0'Adder'

esult, zero carry

one =A0result, zero carry

zero result, one =A0carry

zero result, zero borrow

one =A0result, zero borrow

one =A0result, one =A0borrow

Yup, you're one of 'them' alright. You ain't much.

Reply to
Robatoy

rote:

ctly. =A0'Adder'

result, zero carry

? zero result, one =A0carry

=3D> zero result, zero borrow

=3D> one =A0result, zero borrow

=3D> one =A0result, one =A0borrow

What a moron, RoboTwat, but I already knew that.

Reply to
keithw86