Re: Obtaining or making 1/2" pine T&G

Do you mean white pine? It's not 1/2". Looks like at least 3/4". Tongue & groove on 1/2" lumber is not practical for much of anything. He has a pretty nice shop, so he could have easily milled it himself. I don't recognize the license plate on the car, pic 58, to have a clue as to where they are. I'm not knowledgeable of siding or similar exterior lumbers for northern climates.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Check with any lumber yard. My guess is that it's 3/4" thick T&G pine. A good lumber yard should be able to get it for you in different grades. We recently did the walls and vaulted ceiling in a

20' x 45' room. It's kinda like flooring in that it's a good idea to let it acclimate before installation.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O.

On Fri, 09 Apr 2010 23:08:38 -0500, the infamous Mike O. scrawled the following:

Mike, it's for a gypsy wagon. They need lighter materials because they're mobile. It's almost certainly 1/2", not 3/4.

I love those things.

-- Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. -- John Muir

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Wainscoat (wall paneling from edge-joined boards) might be the expected use of such wood. Cedar closet paneling material is another thin tongue and groove source I've seen.

Alas, to 'make it yourself' involves buying 1" lumber and turning half of it to shavings.

Reply to
whit3rd

Yeah, I didn't realize that until I looked, the following day, at the other albums, then their website. Nice websites and pics are good inspirations. They show pics of some of their lumber caches, but don't say what the lumber is.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny