Delta Bandsaw on Craigslist

There is a Delta bandsaw in my area being sol on Craigslist. Model number is a 28-216. Based on pictures, it appears to be in great shape.

Here's the link >>>

If you can't view or don't want to view the link, the description is below. The asking price is $595.

Delta model 28-216

14" blade to back post capacity Made in 2003 1 1/2 hp delta motor 115 / 230 volt wired for 115 currently includes 6" riser block to allow 12" resaw capacity Includes Delta mobile base Includes Delta Rip fence Made in USA Very nice condition A few extra blades included

I believe I know the answer, but, is it worth it?

Reply to
Meanie

There is another Delta but with very little info other than a height extension. Asking $500.

Meanie

Both are over priced IMHO. That's close to new. I paid $700 for the 1hp back in 2002-2004. So used it should be much less. That being said, if I had to buy a unit today, it would not be that unit. I would be buying a euro style. The Delta just wasn't what it should have been.

Reply to
woodchucker

I would be tempted to look closer. IITC, this model is one of the last Delta's made in the USA. Might want to do a little research on that.

That, along with the mobile base and riser, certainly make it worth considering, especially if you can talk down the price a bit.

Don't let anyone piss on your parade if you're looking for an affordable, used 14" bandsaw. This one, if it is indeed "made in USA", and with a few tweaks, would likely do whatever the average woodworker would ask of it.

Reply to
Swingman

That's what I was thinking. It's a 2003 with the riser block and the mobile base. It also looks brand new, not "did a very thorough job of cleaning up" like-new. The guy will probably take $500 for it. In order to get that quality, new, you're looking at probably $750, without the riser and wheels.

Reply to
-MIKE-

That quality new, new way north of $1500 I would say.

Reply to
Leon

Really not. Mine with a riser block, mobile base and circle cutting attachment were all included at around $700, and a 14v Delta Drill. Delta was running a special, and I suspect they must have run other specials of similar types.

And mine was American made. BTW that means little as I had lots of issues that I had to resolve to get this machine cutting. I was quite upset with the quality. Wish I had bought the Laguna. But that's done now.

Reply to
woodchucker

But when did you buy yours? And how does that convert to today's dollars? I know that most equipment had increased in price significantly in the last 5~10 years. For instance the Rikon 18" band saw has increased in price by 60% since

2006.
Reply to
Leon

laguna 14-Twelve is $875

much better deal than a delta

Reply to
Electric Comet

Care to share where you saw that price?

Reply to
Leon

saw that saw price at the source

Reply to
Electric Comet

What source? Do you ever back up anything you post?

Might be a sale somewhere but it's not hard to post it, is it?

Prices for that saw almost universally are in the area $1,000

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

No, his posts are barely coherent.

MSRP is $1097. There's an used/demo unit available on Laguna's website for $875.

Dishonest of EC not to note that it was a demo unit at that price.

There is also a Demo LT16HD for $2799.

Scott Lurndal

$1100 at the source

Reply to
Leon

Actually, when I checked the idiot's work, I found that Laguna had a sale offer on the 14/12 at $987 and then add a couple hundred for the mobile base and light as shown.

IOW, Bullsh*t once again.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Reply to