Creating Ruhlmann style dental ?

I know how I might create this dental detail, but I was hoping to see other ideas. I searched online for technique but have not found anything, and next I will go through my old fine woodworking's, but just thought folks here have ideas on how to, or know of a good book, or website... Here's an example

dwolf

lots of thick strips and some dark colored wood and cut lots of thin strips and stack the two on top of each other until you're however thick you want the width to be (you can make a whole bunch of half inch pieces or half as many one inch pieces or whatever--when you go to buy stuff like that it's typically 2-3 feet at a shot), glue 'em up, and cut thin slices off the end.

The devil's in the details--getting a good, straight glue-up, cutting it clean, etc.

describes the general technique (scroll about 2/3 of the way down to the section on "Inlay Banding").

Reply to
J. Clarke

Don't know if this is any help or not, but Fine Woodworking had an article on Ruhlmann legs: Fine Woodworking November/December 2006 pp 106 ff

Reply to
Mark & Juanita