Competition for SawStop ?

When claims go down, rates tend to follow. And to answer which would cost more, the SawStop or the Insurance, if you use the technology and don't visit the hospital when the saw saves you that trip, the insurance company does not hear about it. If you use a regular saw w/o the technoligy and end up going to the hospital the insurance company will hear about it and you will likely pay higher premiums and as a whole most every one else will also because this is not an isolated incident and the cost of reattaching a finger or other digit is going to cost way more than your premium will increase. Additionally if you end up having a major accident you will pay for the rest of your life and I am not talking money.

Reply to
Leon

I did not realise that the statement you made was in you openion or was something you suspected.

Reply to
Leon

I thinking that if those reps are actually still around these days that they would have a different view on which course they should have taken. That is my throught. And I would also think that if those manufacturers were like most that I have worked for that someone submitting a proposal for an accessory or improvement of their product is not an uncommon occourance. Basically I could not really see a manufacturer having ill feelings towards an inventor or other company that is making a proposal. All the major manufavturers depend on smaller businesses to bring new ideas and products to the table for possible future consideration. Many get turned down some do not.

Reply to
Leon

;~) Ironic isn't it. I think I still have a bit of common sense... although.... My wife and I moved into an new home 4 weeks ago. My 23 year old son, his same age friend, and I tried once to move a large sewing cabinet up stairs. After the first attempt my common sense told me loud and clear that the cabinet needed to stay down stairs.

Thirty minutes later I had been talked into trying again against my better judgement. We were half way up the stairs with the cabinet and I was still not sure we could round the corner once we got up there when one of the boys suggested that I get up under the cabinet and toss the lifting straps up each side to the person at the top. My son was carrying the weight of the cabinet from coming down on top of me. I did not waste much time hanging around under the cabinet. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

How many dollars less per year will your insurance rate be if you buy a Sawstop? 1? 10? 100? 1000?

Reply to
J. Clarke

I t-boned a 17 yr old that pulled out in front of me, I was going about 50.

I was not aware of any sound or impact from the air bag, just having to rake it out of my face when the action was over.

Totaled both vehicles, kid stayed in the hospital for three weeks, I picked out another truck and went home, was sore the next day.

I am quite fond of airbags.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

More proof that you're nothing but a loser.

Reply to
krw
"

I did close to the same thing; saw the suv pull out while I was going 60, but got slowed to perhaps 35 or 40 MPH before impact.

They are fricking LOUD ! ! ! Imagine two or thee 12 ga shotgun shells going off 2 feet in front of your face, and another couple going off in front of the passenger's seat.

My ears were ringing like crazy. I got out and checked on the other car, talked to the first people that stopped and made sure police were on the way, and the police were there in a few minutes. It was then I walked over to my car to get something off of the seat, and I noticed the car was still running. It was the first time in 8 to 10 minutes that my ears were not ringing so loud that I was prevented from hearing a running engine.

I never felt the bag hit my face or body, because I ride pretty far reclined and far from the wheel, and always wear seat belts. I saw it coming and braced on the wheel pretty hard, I guess.

Reply to
Morgans

-------------------------------- "Le> Lew, I think that if you really believe in what you just said that

-------------------------------- Interesting observation, but definitely not true.

About the best weather forecast you can get is no more that 48 hours which translates to about 150 miles, so the best you can do is base your voyage on historical long range weather patterns and update daily.

Classic examples are the fact nobody heads south for Cabo until Dec 1 from San Diego if you are on the left coast, or you also don't head to the Caribbean until after hurricane season, again usually Dec 1 if departing from Florida if on the east coast.

Once at sea, the shoreline is not your friend, especially a lee shore such as you have from Alaska to Cape Horn.

Have had people suggest going to Las Vegas and do a little gambling.

I just smile and suggest they do a little single handed sailing (My preferred method) if they truly want to gamble.

If you screw up at sea, you probably end up at the bottom of the food chain.

You quickly learn to be very prudent; however, that doesn't include staying in port, but it does include recognizing the fact that you are at the mercy of Mother Nature.

Two things you must accept:

1) Haste definitely makes waste whether in the shop or on board a boat.

2) Mother Nature is a BITCH.

I'm reminded of Bill Pickney, the first black man to circumnavigate the globe, when asked what was the most important piece of equipment he had on board simply smiled and pointed to his head.

Venture forth with care, be it a passage in a vehicle or a new project in the shop.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Unless you're talking about the airbags in the Yugo; you have to blow those up yourself, a straw hanging from the dash..

Reply to
Robatoy

Sounds like you need to add one to your plonk list.

Reply to
Leon

Well, he is right in one respect. If I'm talking to him, I must be a loser. :)

Reply to
Upscale

You certainly are a loser, regardless of why.

Reply to
krw

I doubt you realize that the guy that goes around calling people losers is really talking about himself. And, I'm not at all surprised that you lack any shred of humour.

Reply to
Upscale

I don't find losers like you at all funny. Pitiful, certainly. Funny? No.

Reply to
krw

Well, it's like I said. I'm talking to you so I must be a loser.

Reply to
Upscale

Since you keep insisting, I'll agree.

Reply to
CW

Well, ask yourself what would happen to your hand if that happened using YOUR (non-SawStop) TS.

Reply to
Just Wondering

I need a "hammer stop" for when that sucker is heading for my finger/thumb.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Old technology ... part of the orginal patent:

Swingman